Problem with speedo/rev counter [Archive] - CORSA-C|UK

: Problem with speedo/rev counter

Keron
26-09-2008, 17:31
Just wandering if anyone else has had similar problem.

Was driving to garage to fill up with petrol, noticed the rev counter was sticking at 3000 revs and speedo stuck at 30mph. Car loses power, so have to drop down a gear for car to regain power. Put my foot down again but car will only reach 30 then loses power again.

Noticed the handbrake light come on (showing red) then it went off. Done that a few times, then seemed ok. Handbrake was down, so don't know if this has anything to do with the above.

Will take car into Vauxhall tomorrow morning see what they think.

corsa_mark
26-09-2008, 17:33
Taking your car to vx when the bf is a mechanic :lol:

Make Brad get his hands dirty.

Keron
26-09-2008, 17:37
Taking your car to vx when the bf is a mechanic :lol:

Make Brad get his hands dirty.

unfortunately he's working tomorrow plus he dont have the dignostics equipment :(

corsa_mark
26-09-2008, 17:48
Fair do's. Have you checked the connection to the dials?

Keron
26-09-2008, 17:50
Fair do's. Have you checked the connection to the dials?

haven't checked anything yet, as don't really know where to begin and don't have the tools.

big E
26-09-2008, 17:51
limp mode

(ecu)

Keron
26-09-2008, 17:59
limp mode

(ecu)

that's what i was thinking!

big E
26-09-2008, 18:03
i had it, 450 but mine was under warrenty so i had it free. is a picture of a engine flashing / static on the right of the speedo? (orange)

limp mode is when ur engine runs itself so it can get u to the nearest vauxhall garage doing less then 30mph.

Keron
26-09-2008, 18:21
i had it, 450 but mine was under warrenty so i had it free. is a picture of a engine flashing / static on the right of the speedo? (orange)

limp mode is when ur engine runs itself so it can get u to the nearest vauxhall garage doing less then 30mph.

engine light hasn't come on at all. Just the handbrake light was flashing on and off for a while but settled.

big E
26-09-2008, 18:30
yh, thats limp mode then, its the ECU kicking in, its gunna cost 65 just for some to plug in a computer to get the faulty codes up.
iv got my codes here still if u do get it checked and they dont know what it is, ill let u know wat it is as iv got the book of codes still after i had it.

stuartinlancashire
27-09-2008, 09:05
My fiance had this with her Corsa, apparently it's a know fault with the connection into the back of the speedo/rev counter cluster. Unplugging it and plugging it back in ensuring it's not loose may solve it.

big E
27-09-2008, 22:24
ECU and now sorted tonight :)

benweston
28-09-2008, 15:24
Just wandering if anyone else has had similar problem.

Was driving to garage to fill up with petrol, noticed the rev counter was sticking at 3000 revs and speedo stuck at 30mph. Car loses power, so have to drop down a gear for car to regain power. Put my foot down again but car will only reach 30 then loses power again.

Noticed the handbrake light come on (showing red) then it went off. Done that a few times, then seemed ok. Handbrake was down, so don't know if this has anything to do with the above.

Will take car into Vauxhall tomorrow morning see what they think.

Seems like your problem's solved but just wanted to say your C looks awesome :) very nice!

Keron
28-09-2008, 21:36
My fiance had this with her Corsa, apparently it's a know fault with the connection into the back of the speedo/rev counter cluster. Unplugging it and plugging it back in ensuring it's not loose may solve it.

ECU and now sorted tonight :)

Seems like your problem's solved but just wanted to say your C looks awesome :) very nice!

Got someone to connect up to ecu to check for fault codes. No codes showed up at all but deleted what wasnt there if that makes any sense.

Car is running fine again, but will see what happens over the next few days.

Stuart - I will get my good fella to have a look at the connection into the back of the speedo/rev counter, just incase.

Thanks for you help people :)

Keron
28-09-2008, 21:37
Hopefully problem solved so closed thread.

Thanks