Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

What Products?

847 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  DaveC_SRi 
#1 ·
Okay, started really getting into cleaning my car latley, spending roughly 4hours doing it. At the minute im using turtlewax products but I dont get the results half of what you guys get. So i think im in need of new products to use on it.

My paint code is 20r looking for something to leave my car sparkling and protecting the paint work aswell. Just wanting some recommendations for a full new kit.

• Shampoo
  • Polish
  • Wax
  • Alloy Cleaner
  • Tyre Shine
  • Interior Cleaner
  • Towels / Pads / Mitts for washing, drying, polishing and waxing

Merci

#2 · (Edited)
Maguires tech wax is a god send comes with sponge pad aplicator and can also be done in sunlight. A small amount does a whole panel as well and has no chalky after residue. (won show and shine comps with my Mustang and 220 with that)

Also use the right cloth. The ones that come with Auto glym aqua wax is the type you want, micro fibre cloths, you can buy them seperate.

I have just mopped my whole car with an electric car polisher from Silverline tools the sponge pads are cheap and you will go through about 4 doing the car as they tear apart. http://www.transtools.co.uk/store/c...er-tool-accessories/silverline-polishing.html Get one of those i bought mine for about 45 quid. Use T cut coloured wax and a spray bottle full of water. Apply the coloured wax to the sponge pad and rub it in with fingers (eliminates fling) Give the panel a few squirts of water from spray bottle ( aids in lubrication and reduces friction) use plenty of wax and buff panel. When you have done the whole car rub off wax and use the Maguires tech wax and again rub off but using two of the stated cloths changing them over frequently and shaking them. (Trust me sounds weird but you'll see why) Your car will be mint like new.

A royal pain in the arse digging T cut coloured wax out of every crevice tho but its worth it.

I use Armourol sprayed on to a square sponge like the ones for your dishes. Mop the tyres with that let them dry then rub lightly with a cloth. No fling good shine!

I use washing up liquid on wheels as they are tougher than body work and its cheap and cuts through all the crap. Wax the wheel after with Maguires.

Interior again use armourol but with a small cotton lint free cloth or just use the wipes.

The same cloths mentioned are awesome for drying as well and soak up water better than a chammy imo.

I use any well branded shampoo!

Hope this helps

#4 ·
* Shampoo-i use any shampoo normally but got auto glym atm
* Polish-poorboys black hole
* Wax-dnt use any yet :lol:
* Alloy Cleaner-not sure
* Tyre Shine:?
* Interior Cleaner:?
* Towels / Pads / Mitts for washing, drying, polishing and waxing - deffo microfibre cloths!
and/or lambswool mitts

#5 ·
Okay, started really getting into cleaning my car latley, spending roughly 4hours doing it. At the minute im using turtlewax products but I dont get the results half of what you guys get. So i think im in need of new products to use on it.

My paint code is 20r looking for something to leave my car sparkling and protecting the paint work aswell. Just wanting some recommendations for a full new kit.

• Shampoo Chemical guys citrus cleaner thingy me bob
  • Polish scratch and swirl b-gone
  • Wax collinite 476s and butter wet wax
  • Alloy Cleaner use the left over shampoo in the bucket
  • Tyre Shine using turtlewax tyre shine atm but its crap
  • Interior Cleaner hoover lol
  • Towels / Pads / Mitts for washing, drying, polishing and waxing lambswool washmitt, meguiars applicator pads and suns de wonder drying towels
All products can be bought from cleanyourcar.co.uk

Merci
* Shampoo-i use any shampoo normally but got auto glym atm
* Polish-poorboys black hole
* Wax-dnt use any yet :lol:
* Alloy Cleaner-not sure
* Tyre Shine:?
* Interior Cleaner:?
* Towels / Pads / Mitts for washing, drying, polishing and waxing - deffo microfibre cloths!
and/or lambswool mitts
:nono: that's not a polish it's a glaze with light fillers.

#6 ·
Seriously guys just got some black hole glaze to slap on after the polish, it leaves your car sooo glossy, and i have the same colour as you dzire. Recommend this to anyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.