drivers window [Archive] - CORSA-C|UK

: drivers window

murphy26
17-11-2009, 22:34
My drivers electric window ever since i've had the car has played up: it doesnt go straight up. u have to do it in slow stages.

does anyone no what this problem is??

Sxi Mark
17-11-2009, 22:40
try to reset it. By holding in the button for about 10 seconds, iirc.

murphy26
17-11-2009, 22:53
do i hold it (direction) Down or up ?

Sxi Mark
17-11-2009, 22:54
oh sorry, UP!

murphy26
17-11-2009, 22:55
ok, cheers mate

Sxi Mark
17-11-2009, 23:06
pm'd

murphy26
18-11-2009, 20:36
Still no joy. Reset didn't do anything, is there anything else this can be?

Sxi Mark
19-11-2009, 00:22
it could be sticking, as if there is resistance detected when the window is moving up, it will automatically stop. Your best bet it to take the door card off and have a look at the components to see if anything is obstructing the glass. You could also grease the components a little to ensure they move more freely.

SRI_Jamie
19-11-2009, 01:57
it will be the window seel more than likely, its sounds like what mine does, it goes up but there is resistance on the front part of the seel and it automatically goes back down, if u spray spray grease in between the seel and put the window up and down a few times, it will cure it, temporerily. Try it, and that will determin whether its the seel or not.

murphy26
19-11-2009, 13:38
cheers,
i just washed my car, i run my finger along the sealss the window seams to be working fine.
i dont no if its where the seals have got wet and has allowed the window to slide easier.
Hopefuly it stays fixed. if it doesnt what do i need new seals??

scott_gibson
19-11-2009, 13:48
it will be the window seel more than likely, its sounds like what mine does, it goes up but there is resistance on the front part of the seel and it automatically goes back down, if u spray spray grease in between the seel and put the window up and down a few times, it will cure it, temporerily. Try it, and that will determin whether its the seel or not.

+1 i wedged a bic in the bit the glass gos between and ran it along the length and down the sides and its been fine ever since....

SRI_Jamie
20-11-2009, 02:16
cheers,
i just washed my car, i run my finger along the sealss the window seams to be working fine.
i dont no if its where the seals have got wet and has allowed the window to slide easier.
Hopefuly it stays fixed. if it doesnt what do i need new seals??

Yea sumtimes when the window got wet, mine would work but the problem came back when it dried.

SRI_Jamie
20-11-2009, 02:18
+1 i wedged a bic in the bit the glass gos between and ran it along the length and down the sides and its been fine ever since....

When the spray grease dries out I will try this, ta 4 that!

scott_gibson
20-11-2009, 07:17
When the spray grease dries out I will try this, ta 4 that!

basically thnik its just the seals giving abit too much friction on the glass that makes the safety thingy put the windows down again, think even if you run your fingert down it with abot of force it will sort it :)

SRI_Jamie
21-11-2009, 03:18
basically thnik its just the seals giving abit too much friction on the glass that makes the safety thingy put the windows down again, think even if you run your fingert down it with abot of force it will sort it :)

aye, cheers.

nosybonk
21-11-2009, 10:17
i sorted it by doing this wind your window down lift the plastic seal from the outside up and it should come out then stick wd40 onto the summer and clean the real then put it back in i did that 2 months ago and havent had a problem since hope this works for you if not pm me