Removing the Inlet Manifold [Archive] - CORSA-C|UK

: Removing the Inlet Manifold

Arkious
06-03-2010, 07:36
Final thread for today lol but need to know for tomorrows.... BIG CLEAN lol

The reason im taking it off is because the pipe that goes to the inlet manifold from the rocker cover is blocked with water/oil cream so i wonder if that also has a build up (cant be any good for the car). so anyone have any ideas? is it hard/ easy to do? thanks! :-D

btw engine is 1.2 and any pics are much appreciated :-)

u33db
06-03-2010, 16:13
On my 1.4 removing the inlet manifold involved empting the coolant, refilling and bleeding the coolant system so quite a big job.

I'd imagine the 1.2 will be similar...

irmyC_91
06-03-2010, 16:16
the same i wud think

Arkious
06-03-2010, 16:50
Awwwwwwww -.- what a bugger :-( need to get it done coz I need to clean the crap out lol. Anyone else had the creamy crap in it?

Arkious
08-03-2010, 06:41
anyone got a tutorial on how to do this or at least some sort of help ppplz :-)?

bobdisk
08-03-2010, 17:44
As for the c*a*p in the breather pipes, clean it out of the pipes, take the cam cover off and clean it out, then go for a good thrash up the motorway. That cleaned mine out, until the next time! It is caused by too many regular short journeys,(2-3miles or less) not allowing the engine to heat up properly thus causing condensation to mix with the oil, resulting in this "mayonnaise". Look carefully on this forum, there are several threads on this subject, some with pics. http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?263035-Creamy-Oil-amp-Oil-Catch-Tank I wouldnt bother taking the inlet manifold off.

Arkious
08-03-2010, 17:52
hmmm, thanks :-) where does the pipe to the inlet manifold go? doesnt if get full of **** like the throttle body?

bobdisk
08-03-2010, 18:45
Look at the pics in the thread. The thin one that goes behind the engine I think goes to the crankcase, I couldnt get at it without a lot of dismantling I didnt have time for then. It does not go to the inlet manifold, the engine wouldnt run properly. The throttle body does not get gunged up with this muck. A pipe from the inlet manifold provides the vacuum for the brake servo.

Arkious
09-03-2010, 06:37
Well the thin pipe that goes to back of the engine is blocked.... That says to me that inside is going to be blocked?

bobdisk
09-03-2010, 16:43
The pipe may be blocked, but after where it joins probably is ok. I think it goes to the crankcase, to allow fumes up and out via the breather pipes you can see on top, but I have not found any drawings or pics to show it. Any one know better???