Fitting an AUX-IN to the standard CD-30. [Archive] - CORSA-C|UK

: Fitting an AUX-IN to the standard CD-30.

AzZz_SXi
12-06-2010, 11:48
Hi, has anyone done this/had a garage do it?
Looking in the manual it says it can be done and recommends a vauxhall dealer to do so.
Help appreciated, thanks! :)

AzZz_SXi
13-06-2010, 21:41
Anyone?
Thanks... :/

polarice
14-06-2010, 09:23
may aswell get a aftermarket HU. Vauxhall will probably charge you more than a half decent HU.

AzZz_SXi
14-06-2010, 09:36
Yeah I know, well I'm gunna ring vx and this local electrics garage I know today, to see how much they would want for the job. I would get an aftermarket head unit but i'm trying to keep most of the car standard. Plus the CD30 aint that bad :)

Koolaid_guy
14-06-2010, 19:07
there was tutorial somewhere online but cant remember where

-JME-
14-06-2010, 20:30
this has been done on AON, and i belive its the same, you can buy the little jack plug that u can put anywhere in ur car

Arkious
14-06-2010, 20:33
ive done it to the CDR2005, i aint seen it done on the CD30 but with the right wiring diagram i could tell you where you need to solder it on.

if i were you just buy the CD30 MP3 which comes with an aux slot

AzZz_SXi
15-06-2010, 22:57
this has been done on AON, and i belive its the same, you can buy the little jack plug that u can put anywhere in ur car

I may be being stupid, but what is AON? Thanks.

ive done it to the CDR2005, i aint seen it done on the CD30 but with the right wiring diagram i could tell you where you need to solder it on.

if i were you just buy the CD30 MP3 which comes with an aux slot

Ok this sounds easier but I didnt think the MP3 version came with an aux slot... is it at the back?

Thanks guys :)

bendohhh
15-06-2010, 23:04
AON = Astra Owners Network

the aux thing came out near handbrake on a little wire

AzZz_SXi
16-06-2010, 09:52
Haha nice one for clearing that up, ill have a look on there :)

Arkious
16-06-2010, 17:55
the newer corsa and astra come with a cd30 with an aux slot on the back

AzZz_SXi
16-06-2010, 22:45
the newer corsa and astra come with a cd30 with an aux slot on the back

Yeah thats what they seem to be saying on the AON. I went to my scrappy today as they have loads of cd30's and cd30 mp3's and looked at the back of both of them and neither had an AUX slot. Im guessing maybe its hidden under the metal cover with the warranty seal on it? Or does it make use of some of the pins on the back? Hmm confusing.

Arkious
17-06-2010, 05:51
It may make use of pins on the back tbh, did any o them have mp3 buttons or aux or anything?

AzZz_SXi
17-06-2010, 07:44
Na didnt have AUX directly written on the front but the cd30 mp3, had a CD/MP3 button rather than just the CD button on the cd30 so im guessing this toggles the CD and an MP3 functions, meaning the mp3 button stands for an mp3 device to connect to the AUX input? Would make sense :)

Dann
17-06-2010, 08:07
Na didnt have AUX directly written on the front but the cd30 mp3, had a CD/MP3 button rather than just the CD button on the cd30 so im guessing this toggles the CD and an MP3 functions, meaning the mp3 button stands for an mp3 device to connect to the AUX input? Would make sense :)

I always thought it would be so it could read Mp3 discs instead of normal cds.

AzZz_SXi
17-06-2010, 20:45
Yeah I was thinking that too because my audio manual covers the cd30 and mp3 version and no where in there does it mention AUX it simply says an external in can be fitted and we recommend a vauxhall dealer to fit this. The stuff it says about mp3 is like you said about mp3 cd's and not an actual player. :s

TEAM_KHAN
18-06-2010, 09:12
There is only a phone input on cd30, as i took it out and tried to wire it but it sound ****e, so i bought a cd30 mp3 which about two days ago i wired the Aux lead in. Sounds perfect and the way to find the aux is keep pressing the fm button until it shows aux. Worked perfect for me lol

AzZz_SXi
18-06-2010, 10:00
There is only a phone input on cd30, as i took it out and tried to wire it but it sound ****e, so i bought a cd30 mp3 which about two days ago i wired the Aux lead in. Sounds perfect and the way to find the aux is keep pressing the fm button until it shows aux. Worked perfect for me lol

Mate this is exactly what I want! How easy was it to fit the AUX lead?
And what year was your cd-30 mp3 cause I have heard that there is differences with certain year models. Is it the one with button numbers 1-9 (newer) or 1-6 (older) on the front for storing radio stations?

Also would it be plug and play if I were to fit a cd30 mp3 and take out my cd30 or would there need to be some programming involved?
Thanks very much guys :)

TEAM_KHAN
18-06-2010, 14:28
Hi my CD30 MP3 is out of a 09 plate astra, My mate took it out of his car and i had it off him. Im sure the AUX is on all CD30 MP3, u need to get hold of the screen/mfd and radio together to get the display to work, otherwise it needs to de divorsed fro one car and married to another and that is excalty what i mean before you ask lol

AzZz_SXi
19-06-2010, 09:39
Ok thats cool thanks. I kinda knew you had to do something like pair the display and radio - how easy is this/did you get vauxhall to do it?

And quick question - when you fitted your cd30 mp3, where was the AUX input because I have seen the back of one and couldnt find it anywhere?

Thanks mate :)

Dann
19-06-2010, 16:34
Vauxhall can do it but they will rob you

TEAM_KHAN
19-06-2010, 22:25
Hi i made my own plug to fit into the MP3, and its very expensive if you go to vaux as you have to take both cars to get it done the proper way. I have a mate whos working on the screen at the moment so that it dont need programming will find out tomorrow if hes got it sorted bud

AzZz_SXi
19-06-2010, 22:47
Hi i made my own plug to fit into the MP3, and its very expensive if you go to vaux as you have to take both cars to get it done the proper way. I have a mate whos working on the screen at the moment so that it dont need programming will find out tomorrow if hes got it sorted bud

Your own plug? So what, one end is a 3.5mm jack and the other splits into a plug that uses some of the pins on the back of the unit?

Do you need both cars aswell cause I was thinking of getting this headunit from my scrappy and theres no car with it...?

Tbh this all seems like a bit too much effort to me :/ Haha. Thanks anyways :)