Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Headunit Problem

611 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  C11V 
#1 ·
Just bought a corsa c 2006 sxi for 1100 a couple weeks ago, i got hold of it cheap but the old pensioner i bought it off had given it a right beating and ive repaired all the mechanical problems myself since i work at a garage but the headunits getting to me, the car came with the standard cd player and that dint work, the only thing that happened when i tried turning it on was that the light around the volume control use to flash every few seconds, i put in a new kenwood cd player and it doesnt work at all, tried it in a mates car and it worked fine, checked that all the wiring was ok, no fuses were blown under the bonnet, does anyone have any idea what the problem might be ??? , its got a big quadblock to connect to the cd player and i bought the right harness for it aswell but still no good :confused:

any help appreciated

#2 ·
swap the yellow and red wires around from the headunit cable!
There's a joint thing in the middle which can be seperated to swap them

#4 ·
Did you try red and yellow in the yellow port?

#5 ·
Yh i tried red in the yellow port

I rang up the old owner and she said that before it went all funny the standard cd player use to cut off when you put the volume high and then bit by bit it started cutting of at low volume until the sound would cut off at a low volume, then she sat in car next da and it didnt work at all

if thats of any help to solve the problem cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.