EGR blanking. help & advise needed 1.7 cdti [Archive] - CORSA-C|UK

: EGR blanking. help & advise needed 1.7 cdti

BobIzYaUncle
11-01-2012, 17:49
Im wanting to remove my egr. And have a few questions.

Is there a suitable blanking plate?
Do i leave the egr valve pluged in or removed alltogher?
Will my managment light come on?

Any other tips welcome. Thanks in advance

jkeoc
11-01-2012, 18:08
buy the plate on ebay, it may need tech 2 to turn it off.

mat118
11-01-2012, 18:10
Sure some people on here use the 1.9 astra plate and it does bring on the light iirc.

benmx
11-01-2012, 18:19
I made a plate for mine dude and used exhaust past to seal it and its been fine im in the process of having plates made to take the egr valve so u can keep it all together but on mine iv cable tied it away and keep it pluged in mate:)

RockoSXI
11-01-2012, 18:23
Im wanting to remove my egr. And have a few questions.

Is there a suitable blanking plate? Either Ebay plate or Buy the 1.9 Astra one off TXautosport
Do i leave the egr valve pluged in or removed alltogher? Leave it plugged in. You can have it mapped out but even then the management light will still come on now and then.
Will my managment light come on? With a 100% Blank EML/Emissions will come on no harm it's just that the measurement of air has changed that's passing through the valve. Nobody has figured how to turn the light off yet so nothing to worry about.

Any other tips welcome. Thanks in advance

:thumbs:

BobIzYaUncle
11-01-2012, 20:25
should this fit?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EGR-VALVE-blanking-plate-VAUXHALL-ISUZU-Y17DTL-Y17DTi-combo-1-7Di-Honda-1-7-cdti-/110806759218?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19cc98f732

or am i just best ordering the 1.9 CDTI?

and is this realy where it fits as I thought it fitted between the egr?
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab284/corsacsri140/engine.jpg

Performance Diesel
11-01-2012, 21:04
Buy 1.9 cdti plate. Straight fit but if you dont want light just drill 8mm hole in it like astra boys do. Light on come mot spells trouble so best with hole and keeping just as much out as fully blank plate. Depends how you want it to be. Fully blank with light at times or little hole in plate and happy days. Thats all iv done and works a treat.

BcPitta
11-01-2012, 21:07
wanting to fit one of these to my 1.3, is there and good guides around for the 1.3 ? cheers

kriss12345
11-01-2012, 21:24
whats the point in these..? whats pro/cons of them..?

Dann
11-01-2012, 21:28
Pro = more soot
Con = light on dash

Sent from my Desire HD

kriss12345
11-01-2012, 21:35
Pro = more soot
Con = light on dash

Sent from my Desire HD

so is there any actual like power/torque gains or mpg gains or anything..?

Lockeh
12-01-2012, 08:18
Buy 1.9 cdti plate. Straight fit but if you dont want light just drill 8mm hole in it like astra boys do. Light on come mot spells trouble so best with hole and keeping just as much out as fully blank plate. Depends how you want it to be. Fully blank with light at times or little hole in plate and happy days. Thats all iv done and works a treat.

light on at MOT time is an advisory, sailed though MOT with mine no problem

so is there any actual like power/torque gains or mpg gains or anything..?

No all your doing is stopping the recirculation of hot exhaust gases back into the compression chamber,

the reasons for doing it are:

cools down intake temperature ([cold air + warm air = mild air] remove the warm air and well you know)
increases air intake pressure ([cold pressurised air + warm un-pressurised air = mild air with lower pressure] remove the warm air and well you've all done maths)
EGR valve can get clogged up with oil/soot and cause problems
Swirl flaps on inlet can stick open because of the above ^
problems above can cause running problems (shuddering/loss of power/limp mode)

The EGR only works fully on idle to cut CO2 emissions and is supposed to be an efficient way of doing this (personally i dont think so), the valve its self works ~8-10% when the car is moving.

kriss12345
12-01-2012, 08:21
light on at MOT time is an advisory, sailed though MOT with mine no problem

No all your doing is stopping the recirculation of hot exhaust gases back into the compression chamber,

the reasons for doing it are:

cools down intake temperature ([cold air + warm air = mild air] remove the warm air and well you know)
increases air intake pressure ([cold pressurised air + warm un-pressurised air = mild air with lower pressure] remove the warm air and well you've all done maths)
EGR valve can get clogged up with oil/soot and cause problems
Swirl flaps on inlet can stick open because of the above ^
problems above can cause running problems (shuddering/loss of power/limp mode)

The EGR only works fully on idle to cut CO2 emissions and is supposed to be an efficient way of doing this (personally i dont think so), the valve its self works ~8-10% when the car is moving.

cheers for clearing that up. :)