alarm - how to reset - it keeps going off [Archive] - CORSA-C|UK

: alarm - how to reset - it keeps going off

slayer
18-01-2007, 09:28
for a few weeks my car has made a beep after it starts/as it starts

this happened about a year ago and just stopped happening

however now the alarm it going off just after starting car.

the alarm did seem to go off when this mystery beep did not happen

It went off all last night apparently - had a note left on the car.

The car starts fine so its not the immobiliser.

I heard that the alarm may not have a battery and it can be reset??

Any ideas on how to reset?

Going to car vauxhall in a bit.

slayer
18-01-2007, 10:00
just called vauxhall

they said could come in but not available till next thursday (and would cost me £50 in a diagnosis charge!) - cant have the alarm going off for that long

they told me a few things i could try - pressing the buttons when car is in start position 1 (engine not on but lights/radio etc on) and it will beep - tried this and no beep

the other thing was to change the battery which cant do easily - how do i do it?

the other thing was to close car just using key - did that last night and the alarm went off

just done that now and it seems ok - for now. however had to try a few times

ahhh!!

Jameshs_SRI
18-01-2007, 12:24
i had the same problem and needed a new rear window. Have you tired pressing the button for the ultra sonic sensor then locking it?

slayer
18-01-2007, 14:39
needs to new rear window!!!

which button is the "ultra sonic sensor"

Jameshs_SRI
18-01-2007, 15:35
no i needed a new rear window,

next to the interor light there should be a little gray button

slayer
18-01-2007, 15:45
ah right

the new window required was unrelated

i know the button you mean - so you think I should press that button and then lock the car as normal??

babybluemaxer
18-01-2007, 15:52
i disconnected my battery for 30 mins, connected it & left it idilling for 10 mins. job's a good'un ;)

slayer
18-01-2007, 15:56
i disconnected my battery for 30 mins, connected it & left it idilling for 10 mins. job's a good'un ;)
so the exact same thing was happening for you??

i assume thats the main car battery and not the alarm battery?

babybluemaxer
18-01-2007, 15:59
so the exact same thing was happening for you??

i assume thats the main car battery and not the alarm battery?

yes mate when i was stripping my car.

the alarm went off randomly when i was removing the dash.

all doors open etc....

keys on dash so no chance they were pressed. so i shut all the doors & pressed the button to lock & unlock but i got nothing, the alarm carried on going off.

so i disconnected the mains battery, left it for 30 minutes to 1 hour. reconnected it then left my car idiling for around 10 minutes.

it's all tip top & never had a problem since :doublethumbs:

p.s. mine's the "mvx2" with all the extra sensors.

slayer
18-01-2007, 17:13
mines just a normal alarm which came installed by vauxhall when i got the car

no idea about the make.

once i get going the alarm doesnt go off when i am driving or anything and when i press on 'open' button on the remote it turns it off fine

will see what happens tonight when i drive home. hopefully it doesnt go off overnight. may have to just disconnect the alarm - will have to find the fuse. I have read somewhere it will be a in-line fuse???? whats that look like?

slugger
18-01-2007, 17:42
^^ I wouldnt try to remove the fuse for the alarm, not exactly solving the problem.

Like mentioned try and find the source of the issue, first thing is to disconnect the battery over night. You will need to have the keys in the ignition otherwise it will set the alarm off.

Then in the morning leave the car to idle for 10 minutes, dont press the accelerator or anything.

If its still causing a problem after that check all the sensors on boot, doors and bonnet, make sure they aint sticking.

After that go to vauxhall!

Jameshs_SRI
18-01-2007, 20:49
^^ I wouldnt try to remove the fuse for the alarm, not exactly solving the problem.

Like mentioned try and find the source of the issue, first thing is to disconnect the battery over night. You will need to have the keys in the ignition otherwise it will set the alarm off.

Then in the morning leave the car to idle for 10 minutes, dont press the accelerator or anything.

If its still causing a problem after that check all the sensors on boot, doors and bonnet, make sure they aint sticking.

After that go to vauxhall!

rubbish, if you know how to disconnet the battery corretly then this wont happen.

no sensors on the doors, there is an ultra sonic, and glass break sensors

slayer
19-01-2007, 10:20
dont have any tools so cant disconnect battery

the alarm was going off all night apparently

what i have done today while at work is close the driver door from inside (with passenger door open) and then close the passenger door

This seems to be the only way of locking car without putting alarm on

Jameshs_SRI
19-01-2007, 10:26
dont have any tools so cant disconnect battery

the alarm was going off all night apparently

what i have done today while at work is close the driver door from inside (with passenger door open) and then close the passenger door

This seems to be the only way of locking car without putting alarm on

All you have to do is disconnect the negtive first then the postive a few seconds after