Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

How much to re-program a Corsa C key?

26K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  f3nton 
#1 ·
Hi there chaps,
Does anyone have an idea as to what a Vauxhall dealer might charge for re-programming a Corsa C key so that it will work with my car? I can't find my spare :(

Cheers,
Dan :)

#9 ·
yer pretty much, or its in haynes or some expert will know. ive never looked into it but i KNOW you can do it without taking it to vaux.

#10 ·
mate p1ss easy, right put the key in ignition turn to position 1 or 2 cant remember that bit, then press lock then it should lock press unlock it should unlock then its coded to the car if in doubt fne vxl parts desk tell them you think your battery has gone cos you cant lock unlock your car but the light comes and tell them youve heard away to recode but cant remember it, thats how i found out

#12 ·
Just checked the car manual.

It reads:

synchronising remote control:

• Switch on Ignition; system will then remain in synchronising mode for 30 seconds
  • Briefly press button (either open or close option) on the remote control unit while the unit is in the ignition.
  • The central locking system locks and unlocks to show that the remote control has been synchronised.

#13 ·
Just checked the car manual.

It reads:

synchronising remote control:

• Switch on Ignition; system will then remain in synchronising mode for 30 seconds
  • Briefly press button (either open or close option) on the remote control unit while the unit is in the ignition.
  • The central locking system locks and unlocks to show that the remote control has been synchronised.
Thats only synchronising a pre coded key back to the car!
Coding a new 1 in requires tech 2 as you need to programme in immobiliser codes etc!!

#29 ·
this is confusing. I doubt it can be done by your car, or anybody could clone your keys if they sat in your seat for 30 secs.

Although my original key is fooked, and i'm using the spare (luckily with RCL) so i'd like to know the official answer too. :dance:

#34 ·
FFS!!! :banghead:
That only re-synchs a PREVIOUSLY coded key back to the car!! Like the key you got when you purchased the car!
A new key needs to be programmed in using tech 2 so that the ecu and bcm accepts the new key and things like the immobiliser function properly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.