Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

corsa b ignition barrel removal help needed asap plzzzzz

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  luke01 
#1 ·
ive removed all visible screws,casing,indicator and washer arms, disconnected the bat and ive unplugged the back of the ignition barrelthe bit which actually starts the car but i still cant seem to get the barrel off as its held on by a round piece of goldy colored metal from around the top of the steering wheel pole thingy lol anyone know how to get this off as my car was brokeninto and i need to change all locks including ignition barrel also i cant get my boot open as the key i have has snapped inside the barrel as the people who broke into the car tryed starting it without the key and jammed something in there i didnt know this so i put key into barrel and tryed to start my car to put it into drive way and now its snapped inside barrel
also steering lock is on so hoping if i change locks and barrel i will be able to unlock the steering lock with new key in barrel
please help asap please people !!!

See less See more
#2 ·
the gold things are shear off bolts! the heads snap off em when there fitted from new so people cor change em easily when they wanna nick ya car! youll have to use a hammer and and small chiesel or drift to undo them:banghead: , just keep hittin them the way you would do to loosen a normal bolt. they will come eventualy :thumbs: ! either that or drill em out! and the steering lock is built into the barrell so when u replace it ya will b sorted! hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.