Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1.7 Cdti Timing Belt

29K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Missing_pilot 
#1 ·
Does anyone know when the timing belt on a 1.7 cdti should be changed, I have heard its 100k, ive also heard its 60k which is concerning as mine is on 70k!

My dads' 1.9cdti 8v snapped at 100500 lol!

Also i have just had the boost pressure sensor replaced and the car is a little slow on pickup, it may need to bed in or something?!

Ooh and there is a terrible howling coming from somewhere which i think may be the wheelbearing! Any way to know for sure as it could be tyre noise, but it is pretty bad!

oooh and, how much would brake discs and pads would cost?!

Thankyouuuu

G
#3 ·
Vauxhall have told me a number of times that the belt is due at 100,000 miles. However, the service booklet clearly says 65,000 miles or 10 years for the Z17DTH, so i'm sticking to that.

I have heard 60,000 too, but i'm going with my booklet :|

#9 ·
mine was done when i had my fuel pump changed @ 52k :)

but its every 60k as thats what the hand book says.. might last to 100k but :\

G
#13 ·
Just a local garage by where i work.

It was £129.50 for the cambelt or £212 if i had the cambelt and water pump done together, but they said the water pump isn't really in the same area as the cambelt on these engines so isn't worth doing unless its going. They checked it anyway but it was fine.

To be honest i was expecting it to be more!

#21 ·
as above.. dont bump a thread thats more then 6 months old, post up a new thread with the link of this thread in it to show you've searched :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.