Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1.3 Cdti Problem

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Clarenlee 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,I have a 2005 cdti 1.3 and have a problem,when you start up in the morning I get a load of smoke with a smell of burning in it,very light blue/white in colour,now the yurbo has been replaced as has the intercooler,still does it,does not really do it during the day as such mostly on first start up and not always everyday,any ideas chaps please.

#6 ·
Mine does it only on cold but only until it warms up. I had the EGR valve done and its still the same. I took my car into VX for a tech2 test ( another matter ) and they re-called it in for an ABS mod and an ECU re-program, all under warranty. They said that if the ECU is not reprogrammed with the latest software you will be replacing EGR valves about every 30k miles. The new software forces the value to "Self clean" when the engine is started and stopped, to stop it coking up.

#8 ·
i think they all do that m8 mine does...my dads does and so does pretyy much every other diesel...somethin bout carbon left in the exhaust or sumthin...not sure just wot i herd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.