Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Immobiliser and hazard switch linked?

14K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Lewis6317 
#1 ·
As the title satates are the immobaliser and the hazard switch linked in any way?

I say this as messing around with my hazard switch i managed to stop my car working :-(

originally was just a blown fuse, so changed that and it worked. Then connected the switch up again (this time more carefully so no fuses get blown) and the car wouldnt work again....

checked the fuses and they are all fine, checked the battery and it is fully charged, all my ICE works fine, but the engine wont turn over....sounds like my battery is dead, or the immmobaliser is stopping it from starting, but battery is fine and i cant understand what I'v done, if anyhting, to the immobaliser.

any ideas??

#3 ·
good point, iv been driving mine without a hazard switch for the last yr.

but can messing around with the hazard switch wires effect the immobaliser in any way? e.g. fuses etc.

are there any other fuses around the place apart from those in the fuse box?

#5 ·
could be mate. Which one is the main starter fuse then? which colour? and if i was to get a new one what one do i want?

I cant honestly remember whats working as far as lights/indicators are concerned as this happened a couple weeks ago and aint needed my car since.
All the ICE works fine.....should it still work if it was the main starter fuse that had blown? I dont think there are any lights on the dash that are or the norm, sure i would have noticed this.

i will check 2mo tho, but this fuse sounds about right atm so i may aswell give it a go.

great help mate!

#7 ·
best bet is to hard reset your car. disconnect the battery, leave it for bout half hour to let the systems completly discharge, reconnect and your immoniliser should be reset.

N.B if still not working then your fuse has blown, this is just to eliminate the immobiliser!

#8 ·
best bet is to hard reset your car. disconnect the battery, leave it for bout half hour to let the systems completly discharge, reconnect and your immoniliser should be reset.

N.B if still not working then your fuse has blown, this is just to eliminate the immobiliser!
my battery has been disconnected for about 4 days now so hopefully thats long enought....i'l try again 2mo, after that halfords/maplin it is!!!

#14 ·
lol big square things are relays

there is a starter relay iirc its the very top left one
can these relays blow aswell?? just thinking of possibilities if it aint the fuse :D

#15 ·
after the battery being disconnected for around 3 days i tried it again, still dont start.

Also checked all the big fuses and they were all fine as far as I can see. Checked all the fuses again, for the 3rd time, and again they all seem fine :-(

What else could be wrong, I aint got a clue why it wont start, was really hoping it was the starter fuse!

What about the relays in the fuse box? would any of them blow or get broken?

Or any other ideas why the car might not start??

cheers

#16 ·
I know that in the mk2 nova if you take the hazard switch out turn it round and put it back in, the ignition lights come on!!

So maybe linked into the immobiliser!!

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/harding9025/Wireingdiagram.jpg

The immobiliser must be connected to the hazard switch because all your indicators flash when your alarm goes off!!

And if you dont have an alarm then may still be linked!!
My Corsa dont have an alarm but when i unlock the car all my indicators flash so must be linked to it somehow!!

#17 ·
I know that in the mk2 nova if you take the hazard switch out turn it round and put it back in, the ignition lights come on!!

So maybe linked into the immobiliser!!

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/harding9025/Wireingdiagram.jpg

The immobiliser must be connected to the hazard switch because all your indicators flash when your alarm goes off!!

And if you dont have an alarm then may still be linked!!
My Corsa dont have an alarm but when i unlock the car all my indicators flash so must be linked to it somehow!!
This is what i was thinking....stil dont know how to fix this tho cos the car is in the exact same way as it was when it worked :-S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.