Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Coolant Hose to TB

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Sxi-Robbie 
#1 ·
Ok

i was cleaning all my breather pipes and what not, as the usuall yellow gunky **** that sometimes builds up was their. me been the smart ass i am, decided to do all the pipes coming off the throttle body.

too cut a long story short, i managed to snap the hose connector that screws into the water pump, connecting the water pump and Throttle body.

i have cleaned all the plastic thread out, and the metal thread of the water pump is unharmed, i have managed to bodge a small plastic pipe by threading cutting a thread onto the plastic, and teflon taping it for a water tight finish, but my mind isnt at rest, so want to get it sorted properly...

as far as i am aware, its a M8 thread with a hose connector, iam sure VX will say i need a new waterpump :lol:

but the pipe to the TB is purely to keep the TB warm under cold conditions right, so i should be ok right? so the only thing that could go wrong is, lose coolant?

I Tried my local auto spares shop, but they were closed :(

See less See more
#4 ·
The part isn't available at VX anymore..

They re-designed the waterpump for the Z12XE and XEP engines so that it doesn't have that plastic bit...however...they decided to make the hole bigger.

They're not M sizes either, they're British Standard sizes of some sort, that are worked in **** nosed slightly incorrect imperial units rather than metric

so...custom made, or buy a new water pump.

I opted to buy a new pump, cause being at 55k miles it might have been getting on a bit anyway..

#6 ·
hello mate
came back on to this forum to see how people dealt with this problem, as i
dont have a corsa any more but on saturday my work mate broke his plastic pipe on the water pump housing (04 1.2 sxi )it was left to me to put right for him vauxhall gave me the buy a new water pump crap, and i wasnt having any of that so i ended up buying the brass waterpump fitting (pt num 90466779) £2.97 .recut the thread on it to m10x1 as they couldnt or wouldnt tell me the thread pattern on it (has no writing what so ever on it).drilled out (with a hoover attachment to catch any debris)water pump casing to retap it to m10 very very carefully . fitted the brass fitting using a thread lock for good measure job done .personally i would remove water pump first to do all of the above.max

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.