User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: erratic idle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

erratic idle

Got an erratic idle prob was doing it before and after I had it serviced last week, I thort it could of been dirty plugs as it had done 50k and its the first time I had em changed, any ideas????? Help appreciated cheers peeps

2. Remove Advertisements
    Corsa-C.co.uk
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try cleaning the throttle body out. This can cause strange idle symptoms.

Other things to check: MAF - see if it runs better with the MAF unplugged (it will put the fault light on though when unplugged). If this helps, buy a new MAF.
    Also, the EGR valve sticking can cause strange idle problems. That might want a clean/replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UppyJC View Post
    Try cleaning the throttle body out. This can cause strange idle symptoms.

Other things to check: MAF - see if it runs better with the MAF unplugged (it will put the fault light on though when unplugged). If this helps, buy a new MAF.
    Also, the EGR valve sticking can cause strange idle problems. That might want a clean/replacement.
    spot on tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My idle was lumpy,but after i cleaned the throttle body it ran fine......here's how for your car?.....http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showt...+throttle+body

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers peeps will check all those out startin wi maf when I have chance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    need more help on this is starting to cost too much money, had fuel filter changed tbody changed and cleaned, unplugged maf engine still ran ruff any more suggestions people, also went into limp mode twice had code read and it came up wi throttle peddle, second time it did it it refused to restart and only did so after been off for 5 mins (engine was warm and was off for half hour)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just did fault codes and got 1614/0100/0110

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the last 2 are maf sensor related mine was like that and do you notice when you start it it revs its self ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is Craigs other half Zoey. You might have to bare with me cos I don't know nothing about cars lol!! So I'm relaying information as Craig is at work.
    We're going to try replacing the Air flow Meter thingy, and see if that helps.
    The car doesn't rev when you start it, it just dips when its on idle, at traffic lights etc. Like is going to stall. The revs fluctauate.
    Its recently had the fuel filter changed (which the garage said it was the same one from new apparently) as it was all rusted on and they had to cut it away and replace the pipes, but as far as i'm aware its just those round the filter and not the ones to the engine (hope that makes sense)

Also today the wipers got half way across (at like 12 oclock) then stopped. We had to pull over to move them, and they were 'vibrating' like the motor was still trying to move them. Craig thought it might have been the motor, but they started working again, but once they returned to start position the motor vibrated for a few seconds before stopping. so guess its not that.
    He does have a amp which is wired to the battery with a powercap (think thats its name) which he has now removed to see if that was draining the battery and affecting the wipers. (which now work fine!)

As for the code 1614 that is "wrong security code received immobiliser CO6" What does this mean?

If we change the air filter and it still doesn't work any ideas what else to try?

Sorry if I've waffled and not made much sense lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mass air flow sensor should help the idle. Make sure you get a genuine GM bosch one though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have a look for one.

Where is best to get one? from Vauxhall themselves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is a MAF different to a Air flow meter or are they the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    think maf is manifold absolute pressure and afms air flow meter dont know much about c engines buthad this problem on my old b and change the crank sensor and idle control valve and worked lovely... for a week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate had this on his starbo! could b llil hole in manifold!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry i'm so dumb... but is this what i need to replace?

http://www.vauxhallworldparts.com/pa...e=35&cont=true

Would a hole on the mainfold be expensive to repair??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very but mine was the air flow meter and can get them £20 from a scrappy and about 10 seconds to replace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamjar15 View Post
    think maf is manifold absolute pressure and afms air flow meter dont know much about c engines buthad this problem on my old b and change the crank sensor and idle control valve and worked lovely... for a week
    No mani absolute pressure is MAP

And you can get it from vauxhall but expensive or on ebay look for corsa c gm bosch MAF (or mass air flow) sensor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    before you go spending more money take the breather pipe off from the rocker cover tot eh air intake and see if that is clogged up, what does your oil fillter cap look like anything musterd looking ? if so get a oil change and check / clean the breathers weekly for 1000 miles then get oil changed again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdavison270 View Post
    This is Craigs other half Zoey. You might have to bare with me cos I don't know nothing about cars lol!! So I'm relaying information as Craig is at work.
    We're going to try replacing the Air flow Meter thingy, and see if that helps.
    The car doesn't rev when you start it, it just dips when its on idle, at traffic lights etc. Like is going to stall. The revs fluctauate.
    Its recently had the fuel filter changed (which the garage said it was the same one from new apparently) as it was all rusted on and they had to cut it away and replace the pipes, but as far as i'm aware its just those round the filter and not the ones to the engine (hope that makes sense)

Also today the wipers got half way across (at like 12 oclock) then stopped. We had to pull over to move them, and they were 'vibrating' like the motor was still trying to move them. Craig thought it might have been the motor, but they started working again, but once they returned to start position the motor vibrated for a few seconds before stopping. so guess its not that.
    He does have a amp which is wired to the battery with a powercap (think thats its name) which he has now removed to see if that was draining the battery and affecting the wipers. (which now work fine!)

As for the code 1614 that is "wrong security code received immobiliser CO6" What does this mean?

If we change the air filter and it still doesn't work any ideas what else to try?

Sorry if I've waffled and not made much sense lol
    thats called 'hunting'

20 squids its your MAF

Is a MAF different to a Air flow meter or are they the same?
    yes just a diffferent way of saying it

Sorry i'm so dumb... but is this what i need to replace?

http://www.vauxhallworldparts.com/pa...e=35&cont=true

Would a hole on the mainfold be expensive to repair??
    yeh thats what yu need but dont buy one from there.

what id do is find a freind with a same corsa C as you (if you have any) and just swap maf's with them - this should tell you stright away if its faulty or not
    [insert generic ftw/ftl signature here]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information