Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

erratic idle

12K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  scott_gibson 
#1 ·
Got an erratic idle prob was doing it before and after I had it serviced last week, I thort it could of been dirty plugs as it had done 50k and its the first time I had em changed, any ideas????? Help appreciated cheers peeps

#2 ·
Try cleaning the throttle body out. This can cause strange idle symptoms.

Other things to check: MAF - see if it runs better with the MAF unplugged (it will put the fault light on though when unplugged). If this helps, buy a new MAF.
Also, the EGR valve sticking can cause strange idle problems. That might want a clean/replacement.

#3 ·
Try cleaning the throttle body out. This can cause strange idle symptoms.

Other things to check: MAF - see if it runs better with the MAF unplugged (it will put the fault light on though when unplugged). If this helps, buy a new MAF.
Also, the EGR valve sticking can cause strange idle problems. That might want a clean/replacement.
spot on tbh

#6 ·
need more help on this is starting to cost too much money, had fuel filter changed tbody changed and cleaned, unplugged maf engine still ran ruff any more suggestions people, also went into limp mode twice had code read and it came up wi throttle peddle, second time it did it it refused to restart and only did so after been off for 5 mins (engine was warm and was off for half hour)

#9 ·
This is Craigs other half Zoey. You might have to bare with me cos I don't know nothing about cars lol!! So I'm relaying information as Craig is at work.
We're going to try replacing the Air flow Meter thingy, and see if that helps.
The car doesn't rev when you start it, it just dips when its on idle, at traffic lights etc. Like is going to stall. The revs fluctauate.
Its recently had the fuel filter changed (which the garage said it was the same one from new apparently) as it was all rusted on and they had to cut it away and replace the pipes, but as far as i'm aware its just those round the filter and not the ones to the engine (hope that makes sense)

Also today the wipers got half way across (at like 12 oclock) then stopped. We had to pull over to move them, and they were 'vibrating' like the motor was still trying to move them. Craig thought it might have been the motor, but they started working again, but once they returned to start position the motor vibrated for a few seconds before stopping. so guess its not that.
He does have a amp which is wired to the battery with a powercap (think thats its name) which he has now removed to see if that was draining the battery and affecting the wipers. (which now work fine!)

As for the code 1614 that is "wrong security code received immobiliser CO6" What does this mean?

If we change the air filter and it still doesn't work any ideas what else to try?

Sorry if I've waffled and not made much sense lol

#19 ·
This is Craigs other half Zoey. You might have to bare with me cos I don't know nothing about cars lol!! So I'm relaying information as Craig is at work.
We're going to try replacing the Air flow Meter thingy, and see if that helps.
The car doesn't rev when you start it, it just dips when its on idle, at traffic lights etc. Like is going to stall. The revs fluctauate.
Its recently had the fuel filter changed (which the garage said it was the same one from new apparently) as it was all rusted on and they had to cut it away and replace the pipes, but as far as i'm aware its just those round the filter and not the ones to the engine (hope that makes sense)

Also today the wipers got half way across (at like 12 oclock) then stopped. We had to pull over to move them, and they were 'vibrating' like the motor was still trying to move them. Craig thought it might have been the motor, but they started working again, but once they returned to start position the motor vibrated for a few seconds before stopping. so guess its not that.
He does have a amp which is wired to the battery with a powercap (think thats its name) which he has now removed to see if that was draining the battery and affecting the wipers. (which now work fine!)

As for the code 1614 that is "wrong security code received immobiliser CO6" What does this mean?

If we change the air filter and it still doesn't work any ideas what else to try?

Sorry if I've waffled and not made much sense lol
thats called 'hunting'

20 squids its your MAF

Is a MAF different to a Air flow meter or are they the same?
yes just a diffferent way of saying it

Sorry i'm so dumb... but is this what i need to replace?

http://www.vauxhallworldparts.com/p...993&partlinkid=11267&vid=8&ecode=35&cont=true

Would a hole on the mainfold be expensive to repair??
yeh thats what yu need but dont buy one from there.

what id do is find a freind with a same corsa C as you (if you have any) and just swap maf's with them - this should tell you stright away if its faulty or not :)

#18 ·
before you go spending more money take the breather pipe off from the rocker cover tot eh air intake and see if that is clogged up, what does your oil fillter cap look like anything musterd looking ? if so get a oil change and check / clean the breathers weekly for 1000 miles then get oil changed again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.