User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warning Light Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning Light Help

Hi I've got an opel corsa cdti 1.3 from Malta and recently (last Saturday) whilst drving the orange warning light (car with spanner came on). Car only has 40000 miles. I did not notice any difference in power being delivered nor any hesitation. Then after 5 minutes this turned off again. Car had just been refuelled on Friday.

Took a quick look at the owners handbook and apart from check of engine electronics, the diesel filter is also mentioned. Removed the filter and opened the drain to remove any dirt or water. The diesel removed was very clean and had no traces of water on contamination.

However this is coming on frequently now since last friday and is not turning off again after some time. have to stop and restart engine to turn off.

Now I have also noticed that before, whilst the ignition is on before starting the engine the warning light car with spanner used to go off after a few seconds whilst now this is turning off after the engine is running, like the oil pressure, alternator light etc.

Tried the pedal test as explained here by pressing the brake and accelerator pedal right down to the floor, before inserting the key and turning to the ignition and waiting for a few seconds until the waring light flashes but did not manage to get and light flashing, to be able to determine any fault but did not succeed

Any help or suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Corsa-C.co.uk
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any help please? :dontknow: has anyone had the same problem with a 1.3 CDTI?

Tried the pedal test on my mates car another 1.3 CDTI and still did not get the engine management light flashing.

Does this not work on diesel versions? In Malta alot of 1.3 CDTI cars where imported as opposed to 1.2 Twinport or 1.0 versions.

On his car the engine management light goes out after a few seconds after the ignition is switched on whilst on mine remanins on and goes off after starting.

Would like to have an idea of where the fault is before taking it to the local garage to be dagniosed with the Tech 2, to avoid massive fees if possible.

I'm suspecting the EGR valve is clogged as it was never cleaned and the car has always been driven very slowly, so it can be clogged up as seen from other posts.

Engine management light is coming on approximately when the engine reaches its normal running temperature after the thermostat opens, however no sign of lack power etc, running fine not in limp mode.

Tried also to replace the MAF sensor with my friends one but still light came on, removed and replaced diesel fileter, was clean no water or deposits, so what can it be?

Any help or suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when the ignition is on and the car/spanner light stays on that means there is a fault code stored on the computer, what year is the car ? if its facelift, im pretty sure the fault code is displayed in the milage box, and if it was the EGR Valve clogged that would bring the engine management light on (square ish orange), to clear the EGR or other valves, on a diesel you need to rev it (foot on the floor) for around 30 seconds untill all the black smoke stops coming from the exhaust. but dont do it on your drive othervise youll have a big black skiddy on it from the exhaust lol (personal experiance).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The car is a 2004 facelift models. The other car I have tried the test on is 2005 model.

So you suggest the code should be displayed in the mileage box? Unfortunately nothing is displayed in the mileage box. Could this have been locked from the local dealer?

Any other help on how to show the codes? Has anyone encountered the same problem.

For example before I had an astra g and only the mileage used to be displayed in the box. Then I remember that after the second service the local agent had told me that he had programmed the box to also display the clock time too.

So if the car/ spanner light is coming on you suggest its not the egr valve but something else as otherwise the engine management light woild be on.

Thanks for your help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yer. and im not 100% on the milage thing, mines a preface and i jst count the flashes lol. hope ya get it sorted .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information