+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My Yamaha YZF-R125 Supersport Motorbike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzkill View Post
    Didn't you fancy a 2nd hand SV650S or the like to learn on? You've done better than me still - intended to do my test and buy a bike. Ended up with an 09 mountain bike instead

Looks nice for a 125.
    I did fancy a 2nd hand SV650, yes! But I came to a sensible decision about getting some experience on the road first and not going head-first into a DAS course when i've got no experience on a bike at all.

I chose the R125 because it's the style of bike i want, with the top end of performance for a learner bike, the initial and ongoing cost & finance arrangement was perfect for what I wanted and the insurance I spot on as well.

Everything I wanted for a bike to be honest - I'm sure in a couple of years I'll want something bigger but for now I'm perfectly happy. It suits all my needs down to the ground and ticks all the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Ur about as straight as a roundabout
    OK I am indeed a raging homosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by black_sri_turbo View Post
    Nice one Az!

Once the weather warms up a bit, I will come across and we can go for a little ride:thumbs:
    Sounds like a plan, Batman

2. Remove Advertisements
    Corsa-C.co.uk
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betty's first wash

A bit old now, but I gave Betty her first wash. So much easier than cleaning a car!

I've ordered my first mod to her today though. Some blanking plates so I can lose the pillion passenger pegs. No point having them when I can't take a pillion!

I think it'll be a tail tidy next, when I can spare a good 60 quid and then a tank pad & yoke cover at a good price of about 40 quid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    Yeah, it's a 125 motorbike (geared ped) . Probably outputting more power than the ped though.
    Doubt it tbh

It is beautiful and looks very similar to the R1/R6 and I would not say no to owning one.

However there are 2stroke 125's out there that push the limit of 33bhp and do 100+ mph
    Whereas that as a 4t will barely do 65 flat out I would expect.

I think the better idea would have been to pass and get a big'n

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saunle View Post
    Doubt it tbh

It is beautiful and looks very similar to the R1/R6 and I would not say no to owning one.

However there are 2stroke 125's out there that push the limit of 33bhp and do 100+ mph
    Whereas that as a 4t will barely do 65 flat out I would expect.

I think the better idea would have been to pass and get a big'n
    Wow do they do 33bhp 125 peds?

I'd rather have a 4 stroke over a 2 stroke, having rode one for my CBT i didn't like it. Personal preference, because it's not about gunning it as fast as you can go for me which a 2 stroke would naturally give.

I'm more than happy with my R125 and I think I did the best thing in doing it this way and rocking around on L-Plates to get me some experience on a bike - it's one thing being an advanced car driver but i'd never before been on a bike so didn't know the technical aspect of riding.

In the end I can't justify the insurance for the R6 I would of wanted, and the R125 is a brilliant trade-off for cost, insurance and the use it's going to get.

(and for info, the R125 will top 86mph. And a proven 100+ with mods to the fueling and exhaust system)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Wow do they do 33bhp 125 peds?'

If they're tuned then yeah of course, then there's geared peds, i.e. cagiva mito's and rs125's etc.

But yeah sounds like you've done the right thing bud, that is definitely the best looking 125 on the market by a long way, and it's not like any 125 goes amazingly fast is it, although for a 4T those stats you gave seem pretty impressive. And it won't need rebuilding all the time like the 2T's!

Wish I owned one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purchase Update

Just spent a few quid and ordered the following: Evo-Tech tail tidy, Pillion-Peg blanking plates, genuine yamaha yoke protector, genuine yamaha tank protector pad, pair blue/white xenon headlight bulbs.

Should all be here and ready to be fitted next week, when we get some half decent weather? I pray.

Pics when they come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good, my brother is thinking of upgrading to one of these when he sells his RS50, but hes wanting a mk1 golf aswel lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice mate, bet it cost a fortune. Ive got a tzr 125 at the minute, thats 33bhp and it flys. Im sure yours must do 0-60 faster than that....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1 View Post
    Very nice mate, bet it cost a fortune. Ive got a tzr 125 at the minute, thats 33bhp and it flys. Im sure yours must do 0-60 faster than that....
    £3800 of my hard earned pounds!

It probably does 0-60 faster than that, i've got to go by the book at the moment, because i'm still running it in and can't get that fast yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my m8s got a yellow and black 1 of there

mint!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bits came today:

Carbon Fibre Effect Yoke Protector; Genuine Yamaha Part and a Resin Tank Pad Protector another Genuine Yamaha Part.

Also came the Evo-Tech Tail Tidy and a pair of Pillion Peg Blanking Plates. The plate won't look in a stupid place on a stick of stupid plastic and the back end will be cleaned up with the loss of the redundant pillion pegs.

I might go fit them in a bit... If I fancy getting cold!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im hopefully gunna doi the same as u do my cbt soon as i loved my lil 50cc motrbike did 70mph on the straight at 75mph down hill im after a full power aprillia tho 33bhp one i prefer the smell and sound of 2 stroke then 4 stroke but if i cudnt buy the aprillia this would defo be the next bike of choice nice colour too bud yellow and black looked gd aswell i thought

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should of got an R1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol why cause as he said he wanted some experience under his belt before he goes and kills him self and on a bike which is very easily done specialy wid some of the dic*'s on the road who dont even consider motorbikes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice bike mate, one of my mates have got the red and white one, looks really smart, ive had ago of it and could swear the 0 - 60 is quicker than that tho, good choise anyway mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_s View Post
    Should of got an R1
    stupid idea mr stain lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate nice bike

Not a keen on the grey wheels though, reminds me of dull piaggio/gilera wheels ! (I am a scooterist )

You really need to cut down that backend and it will look sharp!
    Front L plate looks SO gay lol Cant you stick it somewhere else?

I havent ridden my bike for a couple of weeks (Work horse) not the best weather for bikes huh

Ride safe,
    I do like the look of those bikes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sh0xynation View Post
    Hi mate nice bike

Not a keen on the grey wheels though, reminds me of dull piaggio/gilera wheels ! (I am a scooterist )

You really need to cut down that backend and it will look sharp!
    Front L plate looks SO gay lol Cant you stick it somewhere else?

I havent ridden my bike for a couple of weeks (Work horse) not the best weather for bikes huh

Ride safe,
    I do like the look of those bikes!
    Not keen on the silver myself either, i'm looking to get some of the black ones from the 2008 model bike and whack them on with some genuine yamaha blue rim-tape.

Tail Tidy will go on as soon as it warms up and I can get out into the garage. The L-Plates will stay where they are until I do my test. I'm just pretending they aren't there lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my stupidity, I went into the cold garage with the sticky things and stuck them on.

Yoke Protector:

Tank Pad:

Tank Pad looks a bit chav IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biggish update

So I faced the cold, which actually werent' that bad, in my overalls and beanie hat and took to the bike with a spanner and some bits. I fitted my Tail Tidy and removed the pillion pegs. Here's some progress:

In bits - Betty being molested:

The end result:

Had to redrill some holes for my plate - thankgod for the sharpie pen:

Looking much better IMHO. Now waiting on from the postie some bright xenon bulbs for the headlights to replace the yellowy ones and some dark blue rim tape for the wheels.

Just trying to work out where/how to mount the damn reflector

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could always powedercoat these wheels, although the spoke design isnt that nice tbh? But black wheel FTW, would deffo make a HUGE diffo!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could get them powdercoated but we'll have to see. I'm considering spending a few quid and putting it into the paint shop to get the black plastics done in gloss black and fitting a blue rear hugger. Something for when i'm loaded and bored I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks really nice!! But, be careful man bikes are dangerous, not because of you..but people who don't see you! Take care, blue ftw:yippe:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knew it wouldnt be long before you started buying bits and taking it apart i really should have forced you to a bet when you denied this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImDan View Post
    Looks really nice!! But, be careful man bikes are dangerous, not because of you..but people who don't see you! Take care, blue ftw:yippe:
    lol I really am all to aware of the risks of driving and riding - I will take care believe me!

Quote Originally Posted by CM2C View Post
    Knew it wouldnt be long before you started buying bits and taking it apart i really should have forced you to a bet when you denied this
    Yeah I think we betted that I would mod it a bit and it was about a grand we bet, so I think i've won?

But i'll let you buy me a 182cc cylinder kit instead

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information