Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Problem: Cooling Fan Constantly Running

55K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  crazygeordiegirl 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Wonder if anyone can help.

Problem started this morning when I got to work and stopped the car I noticed the cooling fan was running. On the way to work I had encountered a few bits of ice & the abs had kicked off something rotten so I thought it was all related and never thought anything of it. Until....

8 1/2 hours later I return to the car, start it up & yes....cooling fan is still running.

I called my bro in law who's a mechanic & he told me to check my coolant which looked to be fine. I drove home (around 2mile) & in which time my temp gage never moved a bit (0).

Spoke to bro in law again & he says to check the sensors are still connected, if they are it may be a sensor broke.

My hubby is going to check this when he gets in.

Failing that has anyone encountered this before? If so what was the problem?

See less See more
#7 ·
look near the aux belt where the water pump is and its the sensor pointing up wards
if i can remember from mine am sure it was near the water pump on the left hand site near top. it aint very big but u cant miss it. dont count me on this mind coz its been a while since i seen a 1.2. Not much for a new one either, bout £13 had to get new one while bk for zlet.

Thanks for the help, will get it checked tomorrow, hopefully it is just that and nothing major :\

#6 ·
if i can remember from mine am sure it was near the water pump on the left hand site near top. it aint very big but u cant miss it. dont count me on this mind coz its been a while since i seen a 1.2. Not much for a new one either, bout £13 had to get new one while bk for zlet.

#9 · (Edited)
Found this: http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=180818&highlight=fan+running

Thats exactly what happened to me...apart from I have changed the sensor and its still doing it!!

UPDATE: Took battery off for 30 mins, reconnected it & all is good.

No idea where abs & this sensor are related but as I'm obviously not the first person this has happened to they obviously are! Thanks for the help!

#10 ·
You tried the Pedal Test?

This happen on mine once,I unplugged it clean it and plugged it back in and Hey presto it worked,So it's worth doing this as mad as it sounds.It may also be a Relay for the fan or the wiring.

I guess there's no lights on the dash as you havent mentioned it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.