User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How To De-Rubstrip/De-Badge...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I debadges the door on my corsa today, only to find its a slightly different colour silver ! asif the doors has bee resprayed, around the word 'design'

Now i have a odd silver patch ?

what shall i do ?

please help :L

2. Remove Advertisements
    Corsa-C.co.uk
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakey Jake View Post
    took me about a hour to take all the badges off mine, I was a little dissapointed about the back though there is like a outline in the paintwork that says corsa were the badge used to be any ideas how to get this off i meen its been cleaned loads of times since i did it yet it's still there it dosent feel like there is anything there so i think its just enbedded in the paint any1 else find this?
    Polish .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
    I debadged and derubbed 1 side just before. I used WD40 and an old credit card, and pretty much scratched the glue off in layers, takes a while but it works. Got bored though so gonna do the other side tomorow!
    :thumbs:

Quote Originally Posted by alex scotty View Post
    ive had both my doors professionally sprayed and lackered due to two dents do you rekon it would be noticable if i took mine of as it was only sprayed to the rubstips :S i want my car 2 look good but already forked uot 200 quid to have it sprayed dnt wanna do ih agen
    If the rubstrip was not taken off during the respray then I would not recommend de rubstripping.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMY_CORSA View Post
    if you decide its ****ed, or you want them back on again you could always stick them on again with tiger seal, very very strong glue used in a lot of body shops etc, just don't try taking them off again as they won't come off lol.

Quote Originally Posted by YamYamSXI View Post
    I've got the smaller rub-strips, the ones not on the doors off, but the glue just isnt coming off, i've spent about an hour on them with WD-40, credit card, hair dryer and a kettle but the glue isnt coming off. am i doing something wrong or just spend more time on them? and how long does it usually take to get all the strips off?
    Hours. Just keep going at it, it is difficult as the glue is really stubborn. Try a Toffee Wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fat9897 View Post
    I debadges the door on my corsa today, only to find its a slightly different colour silver ! asif the doors has bee resprayed, around the word 'design'

Now i have a odd silver patch ?

what shall i do ?

please help :L
    If it feels rough like feel the patch indenting in then you won't be able to help it. Otherwise you could try and polish it out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im doing mine this week and i used to use fishing wire but as most of you use hairdryers i use one (only on the car ).

So glad the white marks got a mention i thought the paint was ******!

Thanks tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can i get the bug & tar remover?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YamYamSXI View Post
    Where can i get the bug & tar remover?
    Halfords. Any where that stocks Autoglym.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I debadged the back of my car iv been left with the outline of the letters? what is it and how do I get it off? It looks like raised paint :S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i de- badge my x reg red corsa c will it leave marks ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Button- View Post
    When I debadged the back of my car iv been left with the outline of the letters? what is it and how do I get it off? It looks like raised paint :S
    Nothing serious, a bit of polish should sort it out .

Quote Originally Posted by wally989 View Post
    If i de- badge my x reg red corsa c will it leave marks ?
    Only one way to find out I'm afraid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try stocky stuff remover from halfords works better than bug and tar remover, leave on for about 10 min and the glue comes straight off just my car the paint is a bit lighter on one side :/ lol don't know what to do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just got a 53 plate sxi so should it be the same in that the rubstrip wont have any holes underneath etc ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maughany View Post
    just got a 53 plate sxi so should it be the same in that the rubstrip wont have any holes underneath etc ?
    no holes underneath

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fair play looks great de-rubstriped! just need LOADS of boilt water + auto glym grease & tar remover and eather a toffie wheel or a cloth and polish it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about de-stripping my '06 sxi+ next week sometime. Any tips before I start? Nice tutorial btw! You reckon I should defo get the tar remover? Or are there any other products I could use instead? Also can you get it from Halfords? Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdagreat View Post
    Thinking about de-stripping my '06 sxi+ next week sometime. Any tips before I start? Nice tutorial btw! You reckon I should defo get the tar remover? Or are there any other products I could use instead? Also can you get it from Halfords? Thanks.
    Get sticky stuff remover from halfords. Just spray on leave 5 min and it comes off lol smells like Terrys chocolate orange n all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi guys i have a vauxhall corsa semi auto 2002 will i be able to follow the procedure frm the top of the page for my car??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to de-rub strip this week but want some info. I pulled the edges of each rub strip to check if there was a laquer edge where it may have been resprayed and i found nothing, all was smooth!. But, i found a dirty outline (Like a greasy scum line) around the rub strip, just below where a sponge can reach during washing, which has obviously built up over the years as dirt has built up. I tried to remove the dirty greasy marks with my finger, but found they wouldn't all come off. Would polish or T-cut shift these dirty marks or will i be left with a dirty outline? Also, how bad would the condensation marks be on my car?? It is star silver 3. And would the condensation marks definitely disappear?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieb View Post
    I am going to de-rub strip this week but want some info. I pulled the edges of each rub strip to check if there was a laquer edge where it may have been resprayed and i found nothing, all was smooth!. But, i found a dirty outline (Like a greasy scum line) around the rub strip, just below where a sponge can reach during washing, which has obviously built up over the years as dirt has built up. I tried to remove the dirty greasy marks with my finger, but found they wouldn't all come off. Would polish or T-cut shift these dirty marks or will i be left with a dirty outline? Also, how bad would the condensation marks be on my car?? It is star silver 3. And would the condensation marks definitely disappear?
    Toffee wheel off ebay £4, best friend when derubstriping and getting all glue/shiz off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for any badge residue, i use ronson lighter fluid, lot cheaper than AG tar remover. if you dont believe me, check the usage instructions on the back of the tin!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just got all my stuff out to go do it i look out the window and its pissing it down with rain oh well always tomorrow haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this thread, I got mine done at the weekend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    toffee wheel ftw done in about 20 mins everything gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how much is the sticky stuff remover from halfords?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilacBleedsSXi View Post
    how much is the sticky stuff remover from halfords?
    About a fiver dude it smells like chocolate orange too haha it really is magic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xScotty View Post
    About a fiver dude it smells like chocolate orange too haha it really is magic!
    i think it said just having a bad night remembering things

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information