Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

How to align hids/angel eye headlights?

10K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Teeth69 
#1 ·
Hey all got my mot coming up on Friday :-S and I know it's gonna fail on the alignment.

My hubby had a look at this last night and he said he was turning the thing on the back of the lights but the beams was not moving at all.

Any ideas?

I really need to know asap!

thanks!

#5 ·
There's like a bottle cap like thing on the rear of the headlight with spikes to it. Use a phillips screwdriver and rotate the bottle cap thing from the top. This will allow the beam to move in a vertical direction.. It will take some time to do this but it will move.

theres also a metal rod somewhere on the rear (hard to get to), this allow the beam to move horizontally.

#6 ·
Just showed this to the OH & he says thats how to do the main beam, its the dipped headlights that need aligning, I might just have to wait until the mot & ask them to do it :-( (if they can!)

#9 ·
sorry to say but i had this issue with my angel eyes last summer. i took it to a garage and what should of been an easy two minute job turn out to be a nightmare. this cog thing didnt move the the beams enough. they both were too low and would not reach the mot beam requirements. basically i was told at mot time it would fail on this.

this was why i had to sell them and opted for some smoked facelifts. main bonus here is the fact that they have all the normal vauxhall aligning allen key holes etc. so its pretty straight forward to adjust.

plus at the moment your driving around with lights that arnt safe for you.

#13 ·
Mine angles failed this morning because they set to low
the garage said they tried to adjust them but the cog didnt do anything.
(they were turning the main beam one)
After while moaning to the ebay shop i bought my phase 3 angels from
he told me that the cog for the dipped beam is quite hidden
and not as obvious so see as the cog for the main beam one.
If you your looking at the car from the front,
go to the left side of the angel light, and look behind it,
go to the left of the main beam cog (the one you can see easily)
and underneath the bit of metal there is a cog that is thin and sticks out quite a lot!
this is the adjuster.
Thank god i found it, really didnt want to lose money selling them
I raised the lights about 4 inches so hopefully it will pass next time i go.
Hope this helps anyone whos having trouble
cheers
CurtM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.