Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

WOW... Changing a pollen filter really does make a difference

8K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  DV1989 
#1 ·
just thought ad post this... possibly the best £7 ive spent in a long time as i got sick of bad smells from the air blowers, especially when the aircon is turned on!

ITS MANKY!! the pic dont do justice lol but its completely blocked with fluff, dirt and dead things lol

See less See more
#4 ·
i did it in 5 mins, the tutorial shows you how to do it and its really easy. the only difficult bit is forcing your battery leads around the plastic to gain sufficient space to get the filter in and out...

you could always disconnect them but that takes time lol

#24 · (Edited)
Done mine today, thats 20k miles, worth of ****

#28 ·
Hi Folks,
I changed my pollen filter today because of poor air flow rather than bad smells and a cruddy windscreen. The filter was so bad I dislodged leaves and creatures whilst removing it and they fell into the blower motor. These came flying out of the vents nearly blinding me so be careful. I ended up dismantling the blower motor housing to remove a stubborn leaf that had wedged in there making a right racket on setting 3 and 4.
It easier to fit than the air filter really as you don't even need a screw driver.
I got my filter from a local motor factors and it was a right turd to fit, although it was the same size, the Plastic bits at the side were slightly larger (wider) than the OE one. It dropped in lovely with the air flow the wrong way around, but was very tight the correct way. I don't think the paper element matters which way the air flows, its just the sealing stripps would not be seated correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.