Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Torque settings

72K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  corsaz22se 
#1 ·
Hi,

Can anybody tell me the torque settings for the following components on a 52plate 1.2

lower wishbone/hub pinch bolt???
track rod end???
brake carrier to hub (torx)???
brake calliper to carrier???
Droplink to strut???

I also need these, I think I have found some of them already if anybody could confirm them that would be great.

Upper strut mounting nut: 50Nm
Strut to hub bolts: Stage 1 80Nm - Stage 2 60 degrees - Stage 3 15 degrees.
Front hub nut: 120Nm -> Loosen -> 20Nm -> 90 degrees

Thanks in advance

#13 ·
Lawis, thanks for your help, that is ideal! In the end due to time constraints I had to go ahead and take a guesstimate on the wishbone and droplink, and I picked 70Nm so that's not so bad, but good to have it confirmed anyway. Just put in two new wheel bearings and [yet another] spring, bit odd for a car that has only done 50k, but I'm told they like their springs. :yikes:

As for torquing bolts, joking aside, it is fairly crucial, especially on suspension and braking components. A lot of design and testing goes in to selecting the correct torque figure for a bolt, based on the type of bolt, thickness, hardness, yeild, and purpose. Not really the sort of thing you want to be just guessing if you can help it.

Obviously not very important when it comes to securing bits of trim or bodywork, but for instance things like main bearing caps will actually stretch the bolts under normal operation, there is a finite range at which the fastener is elastic enough to accommodate the stresses and yet secure enough not to come loose.

Alloy wheels are another good example of something that should be torqued, seen quite a few sheered studs and bolts and broken locking nuts as a result of airwrench use. Certainly stuffs anybody changing their wheel at the side of the road in an emergency.

#17 ·
Lockeh said:
get yourself a haynes manual bud, everythings in there :)
I'm actually hoping to sell the car shortly, so hopefully won't be needed. I used to have autodata, but I tend to only concentrate on one brand thesedays (not vauxhalls :haha:) and use the factory workshop manuals which I find better than they Haynes. I'm guessing Lawis's scan looks like one for the Corsa C.

Its not been a bad little runabout really but time to move on I think.

SRi_G said:
Lol at you telling me to torque things up
lol, well somebody has to :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.