Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Humming noise when driving over 30mph?

19K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  39182 
#1 ·
Has anyone experienced this? It begins faint but starts to get louder the faster I go, I've checked around the car and poped the bonnet when the engine's on and everything seems fine :/

It kind've sounds like when you were younger and put a can in your wheel arch of your bike to make it sounds like a motorbike :lol:

#9 ·
+1

#10 ·
I get this noise sometimes but only for short periods of time then it goes away. It dosent happen all the time, only notice the noise now and again weekly.
When my car had to be serviced i mentioned this to them and i said about it possibly been a wheel bearing but they reported back with no problems found and that they heard no noise when they took it on a short drive.. but thats because it only happens now and again. So I dont what it is that's causing the hummmmmmmm! :/

#15 ·
epic 3 month bump :\

but nah, tyres are only a year old, so it's not those, been told it's a front wheel bearing, but not bothing to fix it until it becomes extremely annoying as it's an expensive job and was told not to anyways but the mechanic :lol:

#18 ·
hmmmm,

is it a good hum,

if so put a beat to it see what tune you can make :ninja:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.