User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Corsa 1.2 overheats cooling fan does not come on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corsa 1.2 overheats cooling fan does not come on

Hi guys i a problem with my car, when the cars temp goes over 90 the cooling fan does not kick in i checked the cooling fan to see if it works doing the paperclip test and it spins. The temp guage works but the fan does not work. I checked the fuses and i am thinking its one of the sensor or something. Can anyone point out where the sensor will be a picture would be useful
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Corsa-C.co.uk
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi axsweb.
    I thought this was the case with my Corsa when I got it (it's also a 1.2 but XEP model)
    The cooling fan is designed to kick in between 92-98 degrees (however the fan is started as soon as Air-Conditioning is activated)

Best thing to do is let the engine heat up and wait. If the water temperature goes past 100 then you definately have a problem...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks AeroMad I will surley try this because i used to wait until the temp goes to 92 then turn it off. this time i will wait for it to go further, mine is the SXI but does not Air Conditioning don't know why?
    will test and post back,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi i tried the option of waiting for the temp to go over 100 and it did go over 100 and the fan did not kick in. I am guessing its the sensor because now the temp needle does not even go up. How do i change the sensor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm similar drama on mine currently, temperature gauge reads high, fan doesnt kick in, idle temp is quite high, but if i smash on the hot air blowers in the car, i get a drop on the engine temperature, as expected, so im not thinking its the thermostat thats gone...any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    water levels ok? no leaks? check the fan switch (bridge it out with a split pin and turn ignition on) if the fan dont work either fan switch or a seized fan (cant remember off the top of my head if these have a fan switch or are ecu controlled)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water levels are good, not had any leaks, fan switch? where would i find that?

the fan will spin if i move it by hand....so unless the seizure is else where?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fan switch if its got one will be in the radiator with a connector on it pull the connector off it and bridge it out and see what happens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just sorted out my problem. The sensor is ok and the fan is ok. I disconnected the battery and waited an hour and reconnected it then drove around in it for about 15mins and waited for the temp to go over 90 and the fan finally kicked it. All working now. Try what i did swifty might work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i also have this problem now, ive tried what axsweb done with the battery but hasnt solved my paper.
    the fan spins fine by hand, inside the heater heat up no problem and go on cold when selected.
    i have checked all fuses they are fine ive check the relays they are all clean and look new still.
    now i have not tried the paper clip test how would i do this?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information