Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Indicator Relay?

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  sam_5790 
#1 ·
Right,

Just went to get my Ipod out the car, unlocked the car and noticed all the n/s indicator bulbs aren't flashing, so put the lights on the dash and the used the stalk, is flashing fast (like there's a bulb out)...

Thinking, Relay problem..?

How much are relays (New,Scrappy), and is it worth me doing it myself (No mechanical knowledge, step by step guide link needed)..

#6 ·
Wouldn't think its a bulb, as the rear, side and front indicators have all gone... Could be a fuse, but what would it be shared with (as all other lights work)

Am going to have to drive round with it for a few days, am at work and the earliest I can get a relay is friday morning...

#7 ·
I know this sounds daft, but try ensuring that the rear bulb is sat in the housing properly. This happened to me recently, I also thought it was the relay. However I pulled the rear light off and unpicked it (after pulling out the relay and having a look at it). I tried wiggling the indicator bulb whilst having the Hazards on, and it seemed to work every now and then. After a bit more fiddling, it now all works again. It's worth a shot, and is far less hassle than uncovering the BCM module (were the indicator relay is located) to get at the relay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.