Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Fitting front Corsa D seats in to a C "how to guide"

14K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  timekiller 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've just put some Corsa D front seats into my Combo so thought id do a quick write up on how to fit them. Sorry about the pictures, I took them on my phone.

1. Remove one of the front seats, held down by four torque bolts. Un-clip the seatbelt tensioner cable and remove seat.

2. Then remove the two, fastening brackets that are left bolted to the car floor. you should be now left with four threaded holes in the floor.

3.Next remove the two sliding runners from the chair. One side has two bolts the other has three. You have to slide the runner to allow access to all of the bolts.

4. As you can see, one of the runners has a a bracket on which needs removing. The easiest way I found to do this was with a grinder, just remove the tops of the rivets.

5. Now place the runners that you removed from the new seat on to the floor and screw in the front bolts on both, this will allow you to align the runners to mark the rear holes for drilling.

6. Drill both runners with a 10mm drill, you should then be able to insert the two rear holding down bolts to check everything lines up.

7. As long as the two runners now line up with the holding down bolts they can be re-fitted to the seats.

8.Now its time to swap over the seat belt clip and tensioner. For this you have to trim a small piece of plastic of the seat to allow it to fit, I used a pair of snips.

9. Attach the seatbelt.

10. The seat is now ready to be fitted. I found to easier to fit the front holding down bolts first, I also had to use washers to stop the bolt from going through the holes. Once these are loosely fitted, align the rear holes up. The runner on the inside of the seat (not the door side) needs washers or spacers between the floor and the runner as there will be a gap. Fit the two rear holding down bolts and tighten the four up. The seats are now fitted! hope this makes sense!!!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.