Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTI (150) SRI XP

9K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  A 
#1 ·
Right so I am going to look/buy at this car on Saturday, 3 door, Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTI SRi 150 XP (2006) In grey 53,000 miles, 6 months tax and 12 months MOT with no advisorys a full service history from new. Car has full leathers all round and has a ECU remap.

Could you tell me what are common faults with these cars and what need replacing at a certain mileage etc? Anything would be a great help!
Thanks.

#6 ·
Common faults are

Flywheel, clutch, inlet manifold, swirl actuator, egr valves, glow plugs, alternator, injectors, abs pumps.

#12 ·
Best to check to see if the list i made has been replaced on the one your looking at, if none of it has been done then the likelihood is it will need doing soon. They are reliable but expensive when they go wrong.

#18 ·
The inlet manifold, swirl actuator and egr valve is usually around £800 including labour, the flywheel and clutch are over a £1000 including labour, the alternator around £500 so yes fairly expensive. So far this year we've sold 20 alternators, 55 egr valves just from one branch!

#23 ·
The 120bhp engine is a better option, these don't have the problematic swirl flaps, the only problems these suffer from are egr valves, alternator and flywheel, but these engines can be tuned to nearly 200bhp

#31 ·
mines lovely.. though i've been through 2 gearboxes and a alternator, AFL headlight motor, battery, earthing wire and a wheel bearing. :\ :lol:

To keep the issues from the EGR and the flaps from going, blank the EGR valve off and stops all the crud going back through and blocking everything up. Its amazing a £5 piece of metal can stop £££££ worth of work lol.

Most people find the gearbox gives up way before the clutch, as i've found lol but i've got an Sachs organic clutch fitted now and is loads better then the standard one!!

#32 ·
We very rarely do gearbox's on these, but find flywheel fails before the gearbox or clutch.

We have this week priced 2 gearbox's on vxr astra's, one being a 08 burg.

#33 ·
mines a 58 plate as well so to go through 2 gear boxes in 45k miles isnt good.. so while the box was out the 2nd time i got the clutch and LSD fitted. But the only weak point now is the DMF as there isnt a single mass replacement available for the 1.9 CDTi :(

#35 ·
The earlier ones are better.. there are whispers that on some 08-58 that alot.of faulty m32s were made and fitted before someone noticed - as in the bearings being worse then they normally are apparently!

#38 ·
So i've known all ages from 05-58 plates to suffer, if you can find one which has had most of the common faults replaced then they are good cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.