+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changing Gear Gaiter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing Gear Gaiter

Hi

Ive looked and cannot find any tutorial how to change the gear and handbrake gaiter, is this straight forward and do I need to remove the gear knob to put the new gaiter on.

Many thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Corsa-C.co.uk
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't figure that out either :/ it's starting to wind me up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    handbrake gaiter pull up and slide off gearstick, the base is held in with staples you just need to pop them out. putting a new one on can be done easily with glue(spray adhesive preferably)

gearstick gaiter needs the base pushing in at the sides and popped out, the gaiter is folded around the baseplate and the bit around the gearstick knuckle is held on with a cable tie, just cut it. the new gaiter should have a cable tie in it if not just push one through and do it up the fold the leather over the cable tie block bit, the lower half can just be folded around the base again(i used the handle of a spoon)

hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks will give another shot just couldn't get it off and didnt want to go cutting things haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers robins

Quote Originally Posted by robins2409 View Post
    handbrake gaiter pull up and slide off gearstick, the base is held in with staples you just need to pop them out. putting a new one on can be done easily with glue(spray adhesive preferably)

gearstick gaiter needs the base pushing in at the sides and popped out, the gaiter is folded around the baseplate and the bit around the gearstick knuckle is held on with a cable tie, just cut it. the new gaiter should have a cable tie in it if not just push one through and do it up the fold the leather over the cable tie block bit, the lower half can just be folded around the base again(i used the handle of a spoon)

hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gaiter removal

Dont try to remove the gear knob...to fit a new gaiter unclip the base of the gaiter,turn it inside out..you will see a plastic tie rap on the inside of the old gaiter,cut the plastic tie rap or zip wire as some people call them..then just slide over your gear knob remembering to turn it inside out again,or upside down..zip your new tie rap or zip wire fully tight..turn the gaiter over and clip back into position....to remove the base of the plastic on the old gaiter remove the staples..remembering to re staple..and hey presto job done..should cost between £5-7.50P for a new gaiter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information