Body Control Module - what is in it / wipers on continuously at one speed

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Body Control Module - what is in it / wipers on continuously at one speed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Body Control Module - what is in it / wipers on continuously at one speed

I am trying to sort out a problem on my daughter's 1.0 life C Corsa where the wipers come on and stay on while the ignition is on.

This fault occurred after I had resealed the BCM / Relay box by the battery/bulkhead. (It was leaking - common fault apparently)

Haynes is a waste of time as the wiring diagram does not equate to this C Corsa.

I suspect there is something wrong with the wiper relay but which one and where is / are they located???

Can someone please point me in the direction of where I can get a proper wiring diagram and information where the fuses and relays are.

Many thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Corsa-C.co.uk
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showt...mp-fuses-guide

courtesy of pugh125k.... hope it helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really great and shows power of the forum!!!

Couple of other requests:

Is there a wiring diagram better than the universal wiring diagram in Haynes for the C? I think the Haynes must be a B.

I have continuous 12v on the yellow to the wiper motor and also 12v to the 4th wire (purple and black - supply to self park??) - I need to find out how the yellow is getting powered. No other volts appear on the other terminals to the wiper motor regardless of stick switch position.

And finally what does the Body Control Module do?????

Thanks

Banned User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BCM does everything! It can control your lights,heaters,wipers,locks,deadlocks,indicators,s pray the washers etc etc, it controls everything other then the engine tbh, which is the ECU's job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does one check it (the BCM)??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what year haynes you got? can only be wireing/wiper relay stage 1(k69A)/ wiper realy stage 2(k69B)/or wiper motor. there is a fuse in the main fuse box, its f23 30A but that should be fine as your wipers are working but not correctly.
    try swapping the 2 relays round with each other.
    my money would be on a relay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone work out what this was as I have exactly the same problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right Guys I've solved the problem if anyone else has the same problem after removing the BCM and putting it back in.
    I removed the BCM unit only to find that one of the pins top middle had been pushed in and bent over so not making the connection.
    with a pair of flat nose pliers I carefully pulled the pin out and bent it back up to where it should be, plugged it back in carefully and hey presto, problem solved.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was 2 years ago this thread, ya think it would of been fixed by now . as ya can see by the thread its just left. seams the lad dont care, alot of threads end up like this, then some one makes a new one cos they cant find anything to go on... glad ya got yours sorted

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information