Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Rise in Insurance

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  04ahmedm 
#1 ·
I'm 17 in 3 months and have been looking over Insurance costs for a while now. Every time i've given the same information, saying my birthday was a few days before the policy is due to start and that I had just got my license.

A few months back I was looking at quotes (without a box) of around £1400, now its looking more in the region of £2000 even with a box, which I don't particularly want as I work nights and will be driving back and forth, which is hated by most insurance brokers.

Is the explainable? I thought there was evidence showing quotes were supposed to be going down! Also, can anyone give me some tips on how to get my quote down as there is no way i'll be paying nearly double what the car will be worth insuring it!

#2 ·
Quotes change based on stats of when more accidents occur etc during certain months amongst other things.
You can have a 200 price difference in the space of a day

#6 ·
You don't say what car you have, but as a young driver there really is nothing you can do apart from buy a crap low insurance group car until your either older or have no claims bonus. It does get cheaper eventually I have a 2002 1.8 SRi and pay £150 fully comp.

#15 ·
Insurance quotes online are a load of bs. Just pass your test. Go out, buy a low insurance group car like a corsa c 1.0/1.2 and then ring up insurance companies for quotes instead, you get better deals. Make sure to add several adults as named drivers, brings it down a bomb and perfectly legal.

#16 ·
Hi,

Insurance prices change daily, quoting now for September with a hypothetical quote will give you an indication for a price but won't be accurate.

The reason insurers usually only quote when you need cover within 30 days is that prices can fluctuate hugely, as you have seen.

The quotes you are getting sound extremely competitive for a new driver, bearing in mind the average premium for a new driver is between two and three thousand.

The best advice I can give is stick to a small engine, don't modify for the first year or two. Look into the box insurance as some companies offer a box policy that is fitted to purely monitor mileage - and you will get a significant discount for having it fitted.

If you need any help then please feel free to PM me nearer the time and I can arrange for our quotes team to get in touch.

Thanks

Dan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.