Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

wipers

9K views 118 replies 9 participants last post by  SpudLover 
#1 ·
wipers have just started playing up, never did it till it went for mot (passed). when ya flick the stalk for a quick wipe, and on the other settings, it takes ages to stop, but when they do stop, they do stop in the correct place, they don't do this all the time, 8/10. starting to piss me off now :lol: am i right it could just be a relay in the bcm, k69A or k69B :shrug: electrics is not my strong point :hat:

#3 ·
dunno mate, got to be stalk,wiring,relay, aint it :shrug: never come across it before, even had a search me self :lol: cant find anything.
dont even know if the relays are interchangable, so maybe swap them around, see if that did anything, :shrug:

#4 ·
update on this, works perfect without the engine running and just ignition on :shrug: shall i just start digging at the cheapest part first and work me way through :hat: unless some one can pin point a part to be looked at :shrug:

#5 ·
That's a weird one mate, maybe take the scuttle panel off to get access to the wiper linkage and motor, unplug the harness after checking the wiring, clean the contacts and retry after plugging back onto the motor...then again, maybe borrow a relay off someone if you can and try that,,,let us know what happened..cheers

#13 ·
apologies for sounding thick/ stupid, first time i have had to use me opcom.
i take it by this you mean in measuring blocks?
if so,
with ignition on = 0.40v then drops to 0.08 when you flick the stalk.
with engine running = 0.44v then drops to 0.09 when you flick the stalk.

#18 ·
right here we go again :lol:
with just the ignition on, stalk signal is 0.38, then drops to 0.008 when you flick the stalk for a quick wipe, then return to park, signal value returns to 0.38 :shrug:
with engine running, stalk signal is 0.44,then drops to 0.09 when stalk is flicked for quick wipe, but 9 times out of 10 the wipers don't stop, but the signal value returns to 0.44 fluctuating to o.45 :shrug:

this make any sense @liviu2004

i have got a headache now :shock:

#21 ·
thank you for that, any idea what the value should be with the stalk in the off position, i did notice but failed to mention that the value does drop to 0.29 on the fastest setting and 0.18 on the setting below that, cant remember the intermediate value (sorry)

cheers liviu i will order a stalk :thumbsup: and hope that sorts it, thank you again for ya time :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.