Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

How many ABS Sensors?

5K views 32 replies 5 participants last post by  andy-v 
#1 ·
How many ABS sensors are actually on a Corsa?

I know there's 1 on each front wheel, are there some on the rear wheels too?

My problem is the ABS light randomly comes on. So bought a new one to replace the drivers side. But still appeared. So thought the old one must of been fine, and swapped the passenger sensor with the old driver sensor. Still appeared. So was just wondering if there's more...?

Also, would low brake fluid also make it appear?

#8 ·
Yes save your self a lot of work if you check for fault codes, buying random sensors can cost a fortune, or a lot of play in a wheel bearing could do it, or a bad connection from ecu to sensor etc...dont think brake fluid would have anything to do with it...most likely cause is a sensor or reluctor ring that might be exposed to the elements and corroded or cracked...from Fred in Essex.

#14 ·
#23 ·
Well, in my quest of trying to figure out why the throttle stops responding, I managed to hold down the pedal while it was doing so, and it held steady at about 20mph, despite me pressing the throttle up and down. I have to fully release it and press down again for it come back to life.

Today I've changed the spark plugs, surprise, surprise, they're GM plugs. More evidence that it's never had a service before. Yet to test them. But looks promising. But this does not... more live data;

Pretty sure this is when it decides to die on me...

#25 ·
Couple of months. Bought it cheap from some guy who wanted rid. Came with no history, no nothing. Apart from a receipt the timing chain had been done, nothing to say the water pump was done at the same time either. Even has plastic clips underneath behind the side skirts which suggest they used to hold neon tubes. Ragged to almost death I reckon. Will look into getting another pedal soon next then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.