Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1.3 cdti reliability/high mileage

20K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Greyhound1874 
#1 ·
Hi there I've recently bought an ex Royal Mail 1300 cdti van as an mot fail, long story cut short I bought it to keep the miles off my 320d. Anyways travelling back from the Scottish highlands I broke down and overheated, resulting in a nackered engine and a blown cylinder head. I've located an engine and get it tomorrow, my question being what's the higher mileage people have been seeing on these engines? As the mileage on the car the engines coming out of doesn't really ring true via mot checks. However the engine fluids are clear and the engine runs mint with no rattles from the chain, no smoke etc.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
I've just changed my Combo, I'm on my 4th one now, they've all been 1.3 CDTi's.

I guess it all depends how well they've been looked after but the one I have just got rid of had 279,000 miles on the clock. I've learn't from past experience that regular oil & filter changes are the key to getting a decent life out of your engine, especially this chain driven 1.3 Fiat engine. I do mine every 10,000 miles ish (which is half the recommended interval) and given the mileage I do that equated to an oil change every 5 or so weeks. I put 220,000 miles on that van and other than an alternator and glow plugs it never had any work done to the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.