Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

How long is a battery supposed to last on a Corsa C

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  g4vvq1983 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys my original battery that was on the car when i got it, lasted 10 years, i bought one from Vauxhalls to replace it just coming up to 4 years now, it still starts the car, but if you test it, its marginal with two different testers, i left the sidelights on for 2 hours about a year ago and that flattened the battery, i left a radio on in the car overnight and that flattened it as well...so although it is usable it prob need changing, so i cant see that Vauxhall batteries are any better than any other....just interested in any comments...its only a 3 cylinder Corsa C, 2001, 1 litrre...it's an 012 battery, there are no drains it and charging system tested ok..........from Fred in Essex. 4 years now, it still starts the car, but if you test it, its marginal with two different testers, i left the sidelights on for 2 hours about a year ago and that flattened the battery, i left a radio on in the car overnight and that flattened it as well...so although it is usable it prob need changing, so i cant see that Vauxhall batteries are any better than any other....just interested in any comments from Fred in Essex

#2 ·
depends on the battery you have normally 3-4 years

they are never the same once they have been flat

#3 ·
Fred, my original vaux lasted 8 years..car is 55 plate, battery died september 2013,,the Lion 063 battery i replaced it with has died 5 weeks ago so lasted only 3 years 4 months, corsa still sitting outside my house and will start when jumped but will not start if more than 24hrs is left even after a long run..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.