Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Corsa 1.7 DI - Error codes but the car feels and drives fine!

802 views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  g4vvq1983 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, i am relatively new here and have almost no mechanical experience and i'm rendering myself clueless when it comes to cars, i bought this car a few months back and its a brilliant little runner, it starts straight away, does not lose power (unless its uphill haha) and has covered 4000 miles and not missed a beat.

The reason why i am creating this forum today is because i get the EML Light come on and off frequently, it usually disappears when doing a nice speed on the motorway and then as soon as i get to a traffic light or slow down for traffic it comes back on? Its always on when the car starts.

Anyway, I decided that i cannot cope with it anymore and i am also worried there is a serious issue lying under the bonnet. I have serviced the car with a family member that does banger racing so know's a bit about cars, But had no clue as to what was going on.

Here are the error codes;

0100 - 0105 - 0105 - 0370 - 0380 - 1136

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#5 ·
Well that is Map sensor....has it got one? its P0105 if it is a diesel?...i think its a boost valve or something...if its a petrol is a valve on the inlet manifold with a multiplug on, sometimes a vacuum hose....

Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Malfunction

from Fred in Essex.

#7 ·
Hi there yes sounds like a glow plug problem...i guess you will need to cure that to get rid of the fault code....just a brief theory on it, when you turn the ignition on the glow plug light should come on then go straight off, unless the temperature is below 0c, so the heater plugs dont come on to assist starting above that temperature...But they do work on reduced power to aid cold running....so they do have to work....the most common problem is the glow plugs in the head burn out...i think you have a glow plug relay between the battery and the glow plugs connected with thick red wire...and the temperature sender is also connect to the relay...but i wouldn't go changing bits willy nilly to try to cure it....first think would do is test the glow plugs.....there should be 4 in a row with a connecting wire from one to the other....first thing i would do is take that link wire off and measure the resistance of each of the glow plugs, from top to ground....they should be 1 ohm or less,,,,,if there open circuit there no good, if there much over 1 ohm there no good....might be worth looking at the fuses....well that's a start anyway, each heater plug under normal conditions should consume about 15 amps, so that's 60 in all, the current drops back as they get hot......from Fred.

#8 ·
Thank you for your reply so quick Fred, I have little to no mechanical knowledge, however I do have a friend who does private mechanics, going to see if I can leave it with him, what is the best think to ask him to do or shall I just show him this thread, I always thought that something like that would effect the performance of the car? It is intermittent still and mainly comes on when I'm stationary at traffic lights for instance...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.