Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Gear linkage help

28K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  Kirkofski 
#1 ·
I have found this gear linkage repair kit on the internet and it is a very good price.

Does this look right to you?

Is this the part i need?

Whats the difference between this 'repair kit' to a normal kit.

Please help

See less See more
#11 ·
I have a metal complete linkage ready to fit to my corsa. It comes withh all the brackets and joints.
My question- do you have to fit the complete assembly or can you leave off the bracket that attaches to the subframe area behind the steering rack because it looks a pig of a job to get off. I am planning on unclipping that part and replacing everything else.
Hope this makes sense. Cheers.

#18 ·
can anyone tell me where i can find this metal linkage set

and how difficult is the job to do one your own, is it worth getting it into a garage

thanks

#21 ·
Its not set up right then, chuck the instructions that came with it in the bin.

Get a 5 mm drill bit.
Lift up the gear stick gaitor.
Insert 5mm drill bit in the hole on the left of the gear stick.
Push the stick left till you lign up with the 5mm hole to stop you accidently going into reverse, Lock gear stick into position with dril bit.

Lift bonnet,
Loosen linkage from the gear stick push rod ( this is the allen bolt fitting)

On the gearbox twist the selector rod towards the passenger wing and press in the yellow / orange locking pin.

Tighten the allen bolt fitting,
remove drill bit,
twist gear selector on the gearbox towards the passenger wing till the yellow / orange pin releases.

Test drive.

#24 ·
No you do both those 2 after you've removed the Linkage and fitted the new one(clamp bolt loose). Then once the 5mm drill bit is fitted to in the gear stick part and the yellow plunger is depressed(turn the selector towards passenger side), you tighten the clamp bolt(9ft/lb plus 255degrees)

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.