Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a problem with my heating not working on my corsa I changed the blower so that is all working fine now but it is only blowing out cold air? No idea where to look now
Also my display temperature is just stuck with an f on could this be linked to the cold air coming out the heater and how do I fix that?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Hello and welcome to CCUK. You have a Corsa D and there is a Corsa D UK forum but you'll get help here and we're altogether more evolved and house-trained (jk). That said, there are some useful links I'll put here. That "F" looks like a display for outside ambient temperature, not engine temp, and the sensor has become disconnected (common, esp if the bumper's been taken off) or broken:

but what you need to know is what the engine temp is to avoid overheating and this thread might help

or search YouTube for coolant or engine temperature display. tbh, it's pretty ridiculous that the D doesn't have a temp gauge and menu-scrolling is required. One possible reason you're not getting cabin heating is insufficient engine coolant so you need to check the coolant expansion tank to see if the level is ok. Sorry if that's staggeringly obvious but I'm doing a just in case because it's catastrophic if you're not aware. I (or, even better, more handy people here) can write some more about what to look for like gurgling and bubbling when you undo the cap, levels varying wildly when the engine's cold and hot etc.

Assuming your coolant level is fine and the engine doesn't overheat, an airlock or gunk preventing smooth flow of the coolant through the heater matrix is often the reason for only cold air coming out of the vents, but first it'd be good to know that you haven't got coolant loss problems as that's the priority.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Corsa C Corsa D and actually any Vauxhall in those times with Electronic Climate Control, will not output heat if the outside temperature sensor data is not received by the control unit. Corsa E will not engage AC if same fault happens.
I didn't know that, but it makes perfect sense now you mention it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts