Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question for all the 1l corsa owners out there, anyone have problems with their car shortly after starting just as you move off the engine shudders briefly until the engine has warmed up. Obviously if i take it to my dealer they will tell me nothing is wrong with it as the engine will be warm when i get there just wondered if this is common. It only happens sometimes though but its usually on cold mornings/evenings and if i put it above the 3000 rev mark it is ok and does not shudder its quite strange anyone have a similar problem

thanks

bud

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
nope, and I got one of the oldest on here and it's never done that.

Sometimes starts then gives up and I have to remove the key and start it up again after that and it's fine, but never a shudder :?

·
Registered
826 Posts
ive encountered the same probs mate in my 03 sxi,

kno exactly what u mean,

like the engine labours severely but its nothin to do with revs,
temperature doesnt seem to effect mine cos it happens in cold and warm.

i havent had it checked out tho, was just assumin it was my cruddy drivin.

think i will get it looked at then.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was thinking same thing must be my crappy driving had a heavy clutch on my ford i learnt in and the corsa is so light in comparison i thought at first it was because i was not used to the car but im not so sure as ive had it over a year now and as i said it happens only when cold if i take it to vaux i know they wont do nothing plus its just had its first service what to do hey let us know if ur dealer says anything bout it if u have it checked

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
the 1.0 12v engine is crap - IMHO i had loads of problems with the missis's old one before shipping it off in p/x - when it should have gone to graveyard

i mean any engine that you cant change the head on and yuo have to have a new engine is ridiculous

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 1.0 12v engine is crap - IMHO i had loads of problems with the missis's old one before shipping it off in p/x - when it should have gone to graveyard
I have had no other problems i get good milage to a full tank and although alot slower as it is only a 12v it keeps the insurance down my second year of driving and the premium was only £500 not bad really.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
yeah agreed does loads of miles on a full tank but just wait till you take it on some long journeys

vaux even told me it was only designed for little runs to shops and to your mates etc...

·
Registered
184 Posts
It does the same thing on mine, its the 1.2 easytronic, took it to the dealer and thay said that there was nothing wrong with the car, it feels as though the clutch is slipping.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Smiler said:
yeah agreed does loads of miles on a full tank but just wait till you take it on some long journeys

vaux even told me it was only designed for little runs to shops and to your mates etc...
Bull! i went to scotland and back in mine on a full tank so its not just for short runs.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Yep I have that problem with my 1L. I was thinking maybe a new air filter would sort it? I dunno.

I started using Optimax and that makes a noticable difference

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
quite common on corsas mine also has the same problem i just take my time till it warms up and then it's fine

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bull! i went to scotland and back in mine on a full tank so its not just for short runs.
I doubt you could get to scotland and back i roughly get 250-300 miles depending on how im driving the car and what mood i am in im south-east so getting to scotland would take more than a tank for me. it could be the air filter it just feels like it is underpowering and labouring the engine when it starts anyone been to vaux and got any responses

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
388.6 is very good!!!! Never got that out of my 1L. Mistake me if im wrong but arent 1L's meant to do more to the gallon than the SXi's?

................... ka$h????

Maybe I never get that as im always thrashing it to get anything out of it :(

·
Registered
13,899 Posts
ah good point i forgot this was a 1.0 thread, but still sxi's are meant to get 45mpg and a tank is 10 gallons which is 450miles per tank, i can only get 350max, driving like im old or not

so 35mpg is more like reality

at least on my 1.1 8v paxo i cud get over 400 out of a tank, same mpg and tank size :|

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.