Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
421 - 426 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 ·
One of those colours that just looks like a different car after a good valet (which you invariably do). £875 is a decent return for a Y-reg, but the Roland Garros special is a nice edition. On a long enough timeline, it might increase in value if kept in that condition.
It's already worth more than the average 206 as is. It's about equal in value to a GTi 140. Only the GTi 180 or the Grand Tourisme are worth more. Mind you they're all still a 206 at the end of the day. Mine was horrid to drive even after all the work was done.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 · (Edited)
Corsa Number 5
So I've gone and bought a new project car, and it's another Corsa! This time it has a twist! Actually, it has two;
1. It's an automatic
2. It's been modified!
Yes, a modified automatic Corsa. So naturally there's a story, but first some pictures...

So, details. It's a 2003 model with a belt driven (manual models are all chain driven) 1.4 litre petrol, mated to a torque converter. It's got 82,000 miles and some small battle scars. It has 88BHP and apparently is good for 38mpg. Yeah, no.
The story, then. The previous owner was a woman in her 40's. Her husband bought this car for her as a runaround. He's a petrolhead. She isn't. He likes modified cars. She doesn't. He modified it anyway. He did a few. Those wheels, for example, are from an Astra. The tyres are too big so the speedo is slightly wrong. He also tried to debadge the car, and got bored. So, it's actually a Vaux. Then there's the mirrors...

These are Hagus mirrors, found on the SRi model. They're noticeably smaller than standard, and the wife hated them. The husband also fitted some Richbrook door pins. Because I suppose it's the natural progression of modifying to get door pins?

And then there's the elephant in the room; the exhaust.
This was a Christmas present. The wife did not want this or ask for this, and hubby bought this instead of an actual present. I guess we should admire his persistence. But wait! It gets better! He also fitted a straight-pipe midsection! So, only one silencer! She was livid, and has hated this car ever since. Fast forward to today, and the car is now mine, and the husband is now an ex.

The plan is to return this to standard and, depending on whether Katherine likes how it drives, it'll either replace the Clio or be sold for profit.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Comfort spec, going by the demi-lurid door cards. Does the A/C work? Bit of a PITA to hunt down the reason if not but a boon if it does, esp if you decide to sell in the coming months. Selling the Hagus mirrors for decent money and finding std replacements (with patience) for small money is easy enough. I have an unwanted pair but unfortunately they are Star Silver and, more unfortunately, manual. I actually like Richbrook tartups; a pity that I have OCD about griffins in my Opel.

The exhaust thing is a bind and, although I see people list them on ebay with BINs, I don't see many sell. Should be an interesting proj and the GM auto has a good rep which the DP0 doesn't. For that reason, I'd be inclined to go with the Comfort.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 ·
Comfort spec, going by the demi-lurid door cards. Does the A/C work? Bit of a PITA to hunt down the reason if not but a boon if it does, esp if you decide to sell in the coming months. Selling the Hagus mirrors for decent money and finding std replacements (with patience) for small money is easy enough. I have an unwanted pair but unfortunately they are Star Silver and, more unfortunately, manual. I actually like Richbrook tartups; a pity that I have OCD about griffins in my Opel.

The exhaust thing is a bind and, although I see people list them on ebay with BINs, I don't see many sell. Should be an interesting proj and the GM auto has a good rep which the DP0 doesn't. For that reason, I'd be inclined to go with the Comfort.
You have genuine hagus mirrors that are manual? I thought they were all electric. I'd rather have a manual pair. I have no idea if the AC works, currently don't particularly care. The exhaust is far from a bind if you're on the Corsa page on facebook since there's a hundred chavs who want to ruin their 1.2 SXi on there.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
No, I meant that I had a pair of standard C mirrors that I could have sent off to you (no use to my Tour) but they're manual so not really of use to you, either.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #426 ·
No, I meant that I had a pair of standard C mirrors that I could have sent off to you (no use to my Tour) but they're manual so not really of use to you, either.
Oh I see. I still have the old manual mirrors from my 1 litre Corsa. I'll be putting them on anyway.

421 - 426 of 426 Posts