Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have a 1.2cc 2005 model corsa c now im having issues with lower wishbones. I fitted both sides for last mot and used full arms with rivited ball joints the make i used was fai.Now just a pre mot inspect and noticed the nsf ball joint already has worn/play so what replacement arms do you guys recomend that last. (i could fit just the ball joints if you guys can recomend some that will last) this is a standard 1.2 twinport no mods just my day to day driver thanks.
So guys what make of replacement parts do you recomend?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Also check the hole in the steering knuckle where the ball joint goes as these can go oval then show the same play as in the lower ball joint. If this is the case you will need new steering knuckles.
As for lower arms I haven't found using cheap ones with 2 years warranty any better than more recognised brands on the standard daily driver. On my 2.2 Corsa's and Tigra I use Lemforder ones which do last a lot longer even with the bigger engines but they are around £80 each.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Knuckle joint was fine double checked thanks.
I have seen these on ebay Lemforder Left / right Ball Joint 2650102 Fits VAUXHALL | eBay Lemforder Left / right Ball Joint
These look like genuine ball joints? as the arm mounting bushes are like new i might just replace the ball joints (these arms are just over 12 months old fai branded so these arms will be my spares anyway)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
They will work.
FAI is quite a budget low end part I have found in the past with a short life span. Strange how they price their parts up with the better quality parts though?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
It's simple, if I sell you an M3 for 15,000 euros, you won't buy it, but for 50,000, yes
If it was an E36 Evo M3 i would buy it for 15,000 euro's if it was right hand drive and in good order 😂

I know the point you are trying to make though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts