Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at a few for sale, but really not sure if to go for one or not. Ive recently only ever owned 1.4s.

how much is a 1.3cdti gona set me back

thought about trying a diesel, am i right in thinking that you can buy a tuning box just to plug into a 1.3 cdti which will then give it 90bhp and lots of torque. which will infact make it faster then a standard 1.4 corsa. is there different stages to the tuning boxes aswell for more performance.

Can you fit a performance exhaust anf induction kit to a diesel and will this add a few more bhp.

what other mods are available for the 1.3

If i was to get a 1.4, i would probably get a induction kit, exhaust, inlet man, remap, which i assume would make it quite fast aswell

·
Registered
911 Posts
In reply to your questions;

Ive just got one and would recommend it, nice light steering, very tight positive box, and the engine is pokey enough low down once the winky turbo kicks in!

Heard you can get a "box" to plug in and remap it to the figures you said for £229, google for it as I cant remember the site.

Im getting 60+mpg currently and im giving it a good driving!

Why do bother with all the induction kit, remap, etc balls on a 1.4? Why not just get a 1.6 or summit and leave it the way it is?

Id recommend them as theyre pokey enough round town and actually get up to 85-90 fairly easily.

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
Id not buy a 1.3 diesel ever. Get either a 1.8 petrol or a bigger diesel if you want more power.

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
Id not buy a 1.3 diesel ever. Get either a 1.8 petrol or a bigger diesel if you want more power.
and why not :shrug:

im currently getting 70mpg with a tuning box, 95ish bhp and 200ft/lbs ish torque (still to be confirmed by RR)

get one mate, there very good on fuel, pretty quick and if you get an 05 plate onwards tax is only £35 a year ;)

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
LMAO the new socially accepted CCUK phrase "get a tuning box" lmao :lol:
absolutely :D i think it was me that started that one off :lol:

oh and Bullet Proof SRI, Tuning boxes are dead easy to fit on 1.3's ;) just a case of taking off the beutification panel on top of enjoy, unplug lead from common rail and in to box, box in to common rail and job done. 2 minute job :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
tuning box = ebay resistor in a fancy box.

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
where does the tuning box plug in?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Take one for a test drive - think it'll shock you. They're really nippy, I was real surprised when I took mine for a test drive - thought it would be slow on the motorway. Got back to the garage and bought it on the spot. :love:

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I drove one many times with my instructor, found the clutch hard to get to grips with, it didn't seem all that tbh but when does an instructors car feel great?

I'm sure with the correct tuning there fast, but I much prefer the 1.7CDTi even in 80bhp form...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.