Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1.3cdti tuning

22K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Ecom 
#1 ·
hi people,

i have a corsa c 1.3cdti and iv never tuned a car before but am interested in trying, so my question is, without remapping just yet, what little tweaks can be done to quicken it up a little bit? also anyone know where to get sri electric wing mirrors at a reasonable price?

thanks in advance

liam

#5 ·
Fuel consumption will improve in both cases.

With the decat you've removed a restriction from the exhaust so the engine becomes more efficient and doesn't need to work as hard to go the same speed.

With the tuning box fitted you're giving the engine more fuel to play with so it becomes more powerful - therefore to reach the same speed you use the accelerator for less time so use less fuel.

Beware though - not all tuning boxes are equal!

That one in the link contains 1 about 10 maps specially for your car. Most of the ones on ebay do not and just dump more and more fuel in accross the entire rev range. This is bad as it hammers the injectors leading to failure as well as using more fuel than they need to.

Also investigate an EGR bypass for your car. I don't know if the cdti engine does but most diesels have some way of mixing exhaust gases back into the system (an EGR value) to help clean up emissions. While this works the gases usually leave oily deposits over the engine intake manifold...these clog up over time reducing efficiency. A bypass stops this happening.

Also worth mentioning - diesels are not required by law to have a catalytic convertor so a decat is not an MOT fail :)

#7 ·
For 1 do not listen to all you hear buddy ^^^^^^^thats crap!

For your 1.3 cdti which has the engine code z13dt the best way to get performance out of that engine is by speaking with one of the diesel remapping companys, you can get your 74bhp easily to 100bhp with just a remap (this talk above of injectors is a pile of balls). Also you would be better installing a universal intercooler as this will help along with the remap to give you more BHP, With the decat on a diesel, this makes the car worse on fuel, i know i had my diesel decatted and fuel consomption was terrible. The best mods you can do are a K&N Panel Filter along with a Vectra Air intake, Custom Remap (by one of the diesel tuning companies) and a larger intercooler, you could also look into getting a straight pipe (insteading of having a back box) Somewhere like powerflow, of custom exhausts can do this, you should at least see 110-120bhp from these mods

K&N panel filer 40-50
Remap 200-250
Intercooler 50-200

If you have any more questions drop me a PM :)

G
#9 ·
agree with the mods stated i did at least 3 months of resarch into diesel tuning, the bets way for performance is a remap alot better than the tuning box's from what i found

bigger intercooler will help alot you can pick up veccy intake and adapters from vx and de restrict aribox and a panel filter

but tbh i would buy and get an intercooler fitted first and get your cat back exhaust and panel filter done first then remap it and see what you get too :D :doublethumbs:

#8 ·
Err sorry but what part of my post was crap?

Decatting always makes a turbo engine more efficient as a restriction has been removed; If yours was using more fuel then you were clearly driving it harder!

Cheap tuning box rape injectors; This is because they just apply a linear increase of fuel accross the whole rev range (i.e. they are not mapped for any specific engine). Perhaps you haven't seen it but fitted for prolonged periods and on high milage this will eventually happen. Go have a read of the horror stories on the Jaguar and Ford forums if you don't beleive me...

Fitting an Panel filter/IK is a waste of time on a diesel; This is because by design diesel engines operate in an excess of air...i.e. fitting a free flowing filter is not going to make it "breath easier" or add power.

Agree an intercooler would help and remap would be better but for 160 quid he cannot go wrong with the tuning box i recommended.

This is my experience coming from having a tuned ST 2.2 TDCI and the experience of nearly all proper diesel tuners. If you think you know more with your "1.7 beast" then fair enough but the lad deserves to know the facts.

#10 ·
Ive asked these questions before and got the reply remap and larger intercooler for a start.

However I dont know where to start looking for or even what i'm looking for when it comes to intercoolers.

G
#11 ·
you may have to try find a universal one and get custom pipework done, someone with a corsa d in total vauxhall had a larger intrercooler by forge and custom pipework by exhaust uk and fitted by them iirc

you can try ring forge i know they make intercoolers but dunno if for the corsa c, so could be universal one bud

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.