Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi does any1 know wot i can do to increase the performance of my 1.4 sri on a 05reg, i wanted to de-cat it but seen there is a cat on the mani. need help cheers

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
Get a sports cat manifold.
Get Cams
Get ITBs
Get an exhaust
Get a lightened fly wheel
Get a crank out of a 1600
Get an induction kit
Get a live map
Get a turbo
Get a supercharger
Get stripping out the cars weight

Get a quicker car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
were can i get sports cams,sports cat manifold,ITBs,lightened fly wheel,crank out of a 1600,live map

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
cams you can get reporfiled with Kent or Piper i think for abour £250-300
Sports cat is about £300 from regal, not sure about that
Crank you get from an engine, off a scrappy, probably have to buy the whole engine though.
ITB kit of MarkyG
Exhaust off ebay
Live map off regal

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
didn't think they did a sports cat for my car the engine code is z14exp
r they sports cams ad ask for:\

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
You would want fast road cams, they would re-profile your old ones so your car would be off the road for a while.

I'm sure somebody would do a sports cat....i might be wrong with that one though. You could always get a new exhaust manifold then put a cat further down, would have to re-wire the O2 sensors but shouldn't be terrible....unless i'm missing something.

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
Yeh but it will cost you an extra £200....ish if they do a set of blanks for you.

If you give them your cams to re-profile then it costs less than them making you a brand new set from scratch.

Either way you will need a mechanic...or soembody who knows what they are doing to take the cams out and put them back in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts