Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Combo 1.4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I want to buy an oil filter for my 05 Combo, 1.4 XEP, there is a change over point between two filters in 2005, they are telling me that engine number MR19MA9234 and earlier use the gm number 09192425 which is 87mm tall and 62mm in diameter and engine number MR19MA9235 and up use gm number 93185674 which is 106mm tall and 57mm diameter, the problem is that my engine number is nothing like the ones listed, it's 214XEP19EG3225. So is there any different information as to engine numbers that can determine the split? Maybe a part number on the filter housing will help? Or can anyone point me to another brand of filter that is correct (not a guess) Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Combo 1.4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bosch F026407015 Oil Filter Element P7015 is for the earlier number,
Bosch F026407006 Oil Filter Element P7006 is for the later number

·
Registered
515 Posts
I believe there are two different ones but I can't remember which is the right one, I got my last one from EuroCarParts (which obviously isn't an option for you) so they supplied mine off my vehicle reg number. BUT, it might be worth just lifting your existing one out and seeing if you can find a part number on it (or measuring its dimensions), since it's so easy to get at on our engines

·
Registered
2005 Combo 1.4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My issue is, what if it has the wrong filter in it now? The Rego trick does not work as here it comes up with the van as having a 1.6 in it!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Some suppliers can list from a VIN, might that work? If it weren't a Holden, I'd say there's zero chance it originally had a 1.6, but I don't know the Aus market.

·
Registered
2005 Combo 1.4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so it looks like I may of found a way to visually identify the engine split for the oil filter id, there is apparently an early and late version of the 1.4 XEP, in a Corsa/Barina etc, the chassis number split is reportedly 4999999 and 5000000, whilst on my search, I found out that there is two different exhause manifold gaskets and indeed exhaust manifolds, the later type has a large flat top to the gasket on the gearbox end of the head, the earlier one does not, it is to do with an additional port on that side of the engine. I posted the two pics so you all can see the difference and it can be easily seen, looking at the head. It would make sense that Opel would make several changes at the same time, rather than staggering the changes out over the production life span. Later exhaust, later oil filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts