Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Issue with my friends Z17DTH. It has had an issue where if you would turn the engine on it will start up and die after a few seconds unless you rev it to about 4k. It would then refuse to start for a bit and would require continuous cranking of the engine and it will then eventually start.
He's now having an issue where he will be driving along and It will go into limp mode and die out on him. The car will refuse to start before and wont start at all and will require towing home. We replaced the Common rail pressure sensor on the rear of the engine and had troubble getting it started but eventually started up and he had been driving it but the next day It did the same thing.
No fault codes apart from glow time code but It starts perfect when he does it for the first time and theres no smoke or misfire.
After cranking the engine if you loosen injector 1 fuel does squirt out so there is pressure in the rail.
Another mechanic did say his injectors sounded loud, would this cause it and Is there a way to test them without removing them. Heard you can do leak-off test by attaching a bottle to each of the injector leak-off pipes and seeing which ones fill up more would this work?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
One of the common things I've just been reading up with the Isuzu 1.7 is the EDU. This controls the fuel distribution and is round the back of the diesel pump. Sometimes it gets soaked in diesel but otherwise it can just get the expected dry solder problems. I saw one with a £10 start and watched it as a potential "stick it in the car" JIC thing when I'm doing Malaga runs, but it went past £40+postage. They're often listed and with a BIN around £60-70, which is about what you'd pay for a send off to fix and return job. That gives you an idea of how common it is. The good news is that any 1.7 EDU is plug and pay; no programming like the ECU.

Have a read, because I have the DTi and I know it happens but I'm not so certain the CDTi has the same issue.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't believe I seen anything like that while doing the pressure sensor. Just took a video around that area and there doesn't seem to be anything.
Youtube Link

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Sorry, might have wasted your time. I think it is a Di and DTi thing (gives a lot of those symptoms) but not on the CDTi. Thinking about it, the common rail would have a completely different fuel control brain. I should have done a rummage and found that out before posting - my apols

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's alright. Funny enough we have a 1.7DTI thats broken. Oil filter housing mixing oil with the water. So some spare parts if we ever needed them :ROFLMAO:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts