Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,619 Posts
if ya had took the back seat out, the bit ya sit on, the passenger seat can lay flatter down, then that long bit would of fitted (y) used mine the same to ferry stuff to the tip (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if ya had took the back seat out, the bit ya sit on, the passenger seat can lay flatter down, then that long bit would of fitted (y) used mine the same to ferry stuff to the tip (y)
Cheers, mate! Good idea, but I didn't have time to do so...and bolts seemed pretty stuck :) I had tried it before,couldn't turn them an inch. Probably next time ;)
By the way, that door did fit inside !:) I closed the hatch properly.

·
Super Moderator
8,619 Posts
there is no bolts to remove, its a type of a bracket hinge clipped into some other bracket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is no bolts to remove, its a type of a bracket hinge clipped into some other bracket.
Misunderstanding - I was talking about backrest :) Bottom part of the seat is out for months, backrest went down as far as it could go. I did try to "flatten" passenger seat, too, to extend my loading area, but even with headrest removed, it wasn't flat enough.

By the way, I plan to install another set of front seats, probably from Astra G (Corsa GSI ones are bit tight for me...). Do you know by any chance if seat bases were the same? I prefer to avoid making adapters for the third time :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Welcome, misha. I have a suggestion. A passenger seat from an Opel Combo will allow you to fold the seat fully forwards for long loads. It perhaps require two blocks at the rear of the base to be cut off, because the Combo seats are set higher, but otherwise they are a straight swap.

I did the reverse: I took the front seats out of my Combo and replaced them with leather Corsa C Exclusiv seats. I could have welded on some blocks to get the seat height but I am too lazy and don't mind sitting lower in the cabin. My Combo is also left hand drive for Europe and would have been perfect for you - a pity that Serbia is a long way from my homes in England and Malaga.

Incidentally, I also tried to take the upright back seat out of my Combo, to put the leather bench seat in, and also failed to work out how to undo it. There are postings on the forum - try the search facility or let me know if you can't find them and I will provide some links to relevant previous posts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great suggestion about Combo passenger seat ! I have completely forgotten that they fold fully forward. If I don't get my pickup fixed soon, Corsa will have to do the "dirty work", too :)

As for seats themselves - I don't really fit well in Corsa :) Even at the lowest position, I sit too high and my vision is obscured by rear-view mirror. That's one thing that really annoys me about Corsa! I'll have to make some kind of adapter for it...
So, I am actually looking for seats that go lower....although it seems now that my third adapter is in the making... :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
the astra bertone seats go a finger lower, but you have to make two screws to the guides to adapt them to the corsa

·
Super Moderator
8,619 Posts
Misunderstanding - I was talking about backrest :) Bottom part of the seat is out for months, backrest went down as far as it could go. I did try to "flatten" passenger seat, too, to extend my loading area, but even with headrest removed, it wasn't flat enough.

By the way, I plan to install another set of front seats, probably from Astra G (Corsa GSI ones are bit tight for me...). Do you know by any chance if seat bases were the same? I prefer to avoid making adapters for the third time :)
no idea,sorry

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :) Your mule has a lot of power, and as i see it is equipped quite well (Cosmo?). I like the blue lining on the door cards, did it come from factory like that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forum. :) Your mule has a lot of power, and as i see it is equipped quite well (Cosmo?). I like the blue lining on the door cards, did it come from factory like that?
Greetings, neighbor! :) 1.7 CDTI is just right for this car, although I would prefer sports suspension for added precision. However, due to a road condition in Vojvodina, I may end up installing "rough road" package, when the time comes for strut replacement (in about 30-45 days ). Also, front subframe is bit rusty and may need to be replaced. I would consider the one from Combo 1.7 CDTI, as it's even more robust, with apparently some extra webbing.

My Corsa is officially 2006., Edition model (made on November 28 2005 ), with factory blue-on-black upholstery.
It came with a lot of equipment, notably cruise control, climate control, decent sound system. I miss front fog lights, though ( the area around Novi Sad is notoriously foggy in autumn and spring).
In conclusion - it's very honest car, quite frugal.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Greetings, neighbor! :) 1.7 CDTI is just right for this car, although I would prefer sports suspension for added precision. However, due to a road condition in Vojvodina, I may end up installing "rough road" package, when the time comes for strut replacement (in about 30-45 days ). Also, front subframe is bit rusty and may need to be replaced. I would consider the one from Combo 1.7 CDTI, as it's even more robust, with apparently some extra webbing.

My Corsa is officially 2006., Edition model (made on November 28 2005 ), with factory blue-on-black upholstery.
It came with a lot of equipment, notably cruise control, climate control, decent sound system. I miss front fog lights, though ( the area around Novi Sad is notoriously foggy in autumn and spring).
In conclusion - it's very honest car, quite frugal.
100hp is more than just right for a small Corsa i think. 😁 When i had C it was an Essentia model, but i Cosmo'd her with time, yours came with all that stuff from factory so i am a bit jealous 🤣

1 - 15 of 15 Posts