Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone who has a 1.8 sri that has ported the engine (think that’s what it’s called. Bigger valves basically) and a high lift cam. What other mods would I have to do to make it run right and make power. And roughly how much would it cost to do this? Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
NathanD has been on the forum for a long time and has a thread on his 1.8 which has been made very zippy. His thread is 250 pages now so I've just gone straight to the last page but he's still active on the forum and likely to chip in or you could try a PM if he doesn't see this soon enough.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Not done a 1.8 myself but have done other Vauxhall engines.
First questions are how far do you want to go with this car? What is your aim with power? and what's the budget?
Reason for asking this is if you only have a small budget say £2000 and want to chase power then an engine swap would be cheaper. Gaining power and staying N/A costs a lot more than a swap. Also if you decide you want to add a turbo to the 1.8 some of the mods to gain power while N/A will be no good or even un reversible.
For starters adding a full exhaust system including the manifold is good. Piper do a 2.5" full system which if you swap to a Z20let of Saab B204 etc engine you can still use most of the exhaust.
Free flowing panel filter and derestricted air box is another simple mod. K&N filters are very good.
After that it gets more involved, Cams, ported head, raised CR, lighter flywheel, inlet manifold and a remap. Some people have seen gains up to 170 bhp on a N/A 1.8 but if you got the parts new you would be looking at £2500+ parts bill alone.
DBilas make a lot of tuning parts for the 1.8 including off the shelf turbo kits.
Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What would the cheapest and easiest engine to swap in then? Was thinking a z20 but thought that would become more expensive

·
Registered
995 Posts
Z20let or saab B204 are the most common and for a basic set up will be around £1500-2000 so long as you have all the supporting mods, brake upgrade, suspension, exhaust.
My Z22se swap was around £1000 to do and another £1500 to add the supercharger and get to 260bhp. As with most Vauxhall engines once you are in the high 200's you need to forge the bottom end.
Like I said earlier decide what power you want before you start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts