Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a unexpected MOT today because it was going in the garage for a check over before having the test done as I was expecting it to fail on a few things. but they did the test which I didn't telll them to do but all it failed on was the angel eyes not correctly aligned, washer jet pump and handbrake cable :lol:

I knew the headlights and washer pump would be a fail but was expecting a few more faults mainly the steering rack.

A couple of months after putting softstars the steering became a bit erm loose, it basicly takes a half turn for the wheels to move either way which I put down to the rack being buggered but the apprent cause of this is down to having larger 16" alloy wheels with 195/45 tyres and if i put 15" wheels back on the steering would return back to normal.

That to me sounds like complete bull ****, it's not like im on huge alloys and the fact it drove fine on 16s for some time seems to suggest something is at fault.

I should be glad it's only minor faults it failed on but this steering problem is annoying and I find it hard to believe the alloys are the cause.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ive got the exclusive and it comes with 16's as standard so thats a load of bullllllllllllll! maybe the offset on the 16's youve got is miles out? or its really really low? but sayinf that, it would only cause it to rub! not to mess up your steering collum!

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
probably due to the width of the wheels, extra width = extra contact = less pressure on exerted on the road

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
whats wrong with your washer jet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts