Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im after a set of mille miglia EV S and i dont know a thing about offset. Whats the offset i need for a set of 17x7? i dont want to modify the arches so i dunno if they will rub.
cheers.

S

·
0 Posts
Offset diagram posted on old forums:

The lower the offset number e.g. et49, et42, et40, etc.
The more the wheels will stick out from your car I think - et# is measured in mm.

The perfect offset for a corsa is et49 although this can cause problems with catching on the front brakes with some alloy wheel designs. I would recommend between et42-45 on 17" alloys (17x7 wheel / 205/40/17 tyres). Mine are et40 and I haven't actually had any problems and had no arch mods but it hasn't been lowered yet.
I think ShaunC on here has also got et40 on this 17" Toora alloys has dropped it -30mm and doesn't have any problems. So you should be ok with et40 also. Any lower though like et38 will deffo need arch mods to avoid rubbing. R14lst on here has et38 and had arch rubbing!

:D

·
Registered
729 Posts
Have you lowered yours yet Si? I'm looking into getting some wheels like yours (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery as they say! :D )as I think they look fantastic. What did you pay for them and where?

S

·
0 Posts
Mediamaniac said:
Have you lowered yours yet Si? I'm looking into getting some wheels like yours (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery as they say! :D )as I think they look fantastic. What did you pay for them and where?
Mine isn't lowered yet. Another person wanting my wheels!! :x :lol: Gonna have to change mine one day if everyone keeps copying mine! lol!!

Paid £599 for mine with tyres brand new.

·
Registered
972 Posts
carmadaaron said:
im after a set of mille miglia EV S and i dont know a thing about offset. Whats the offset i need for a set of 17x7? i dont want to modify the arches so i dunno if they will rub.
cheers.
exactly same wheels as mine eh mate :) et45 are mne and no rubbing, i was 1st to get them on a corsa C :p

D

·
0 Posts
GoldPenguin said:
^^^ what jase has said. et45 and your're laughing. no rubbing unless you carry big fat heffalumps in the back.
^^ Agree with this - well apart from the last bit :p

Et45 - is defo what you need and you wil have no probs with fattys in the back, i had 4 fatties in there once and it was fine - saying that i couldnt get the car to go over 35mph :lol:

Also you should be ok lowering -30mm but anymore than that and you may get problems.

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah et45 is defo best on the corsa c if you can get the ones you like in it...

I would go no lower than 42 and no higher than 48 :D

D

·
0 Posts
Getting mine lowered -30mm on eibach springs..... hopeing it doesnt rub when i have a full load as i always have people in the back (they is fat too :lol: )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts